Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOLD TRACK / Suvahnabumi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
If it is Star Alliance "Gold Track" branded, it will allow access to all *G as well as F/J.

Gold Track is available in HND and NRT, for example. See the link below (which strangely omits NRT) for other locations:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-...ports-overview
HND and NRT (Osaka as well) I have only seen Outbound fast track (for security and immigration), I have not experienced any fast track on Arrival (also for F and J passengers).
many other Airports in the link that claim fast track like Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich etc., fast track is actually only for security but not for immigration
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
HND and NRT (Osaka as well) I have only seen Outbound fast track (for security and immigration), I have not experienced any fast track on Arrival (also for F and J passengers).
many other Airports in the link that claim fast track like Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich etc., fast track is actually only for security but not for immigration
My point was merely to clarify the access eligibility of Gold Track branded access points. What's covered by the Gold Track lane is a separate question.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by stargold
If it is Star Alliance "Gold Track" branded, it will allow access to all *G as well as F/J.

Gold Track is available in HND and NRT, for example. See the link below (which strangely omits NRT) for other locations:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-...ports-overview
I see Narita on the list.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by kevino
I see Narita on the list.
Strange - must be going blind!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:12 pm

I received that mailing from TG as well and thought it was sort of ironic that while they were touting this as a *A status benefit, they do not even offer it at BKK!

But in the end, that's ok with those of us who access Fast Track in other ways. Recently, even Fast Track has been very crowded, particularly on departures. There were at least 50 people in front of me for the Fast Track departures security screening last week.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

Upon arrival to BKK last week (TG Y class, traveling as TK Gold) I saw the separate immigration track for TG J class (and maybe it also stated ROP Gold, I can't recall) to the left; it seemed to be leading to a separate/sealed off part of the immigration area. I specifically asked the staff guarding the entrance whether I was allowed to enter based on my TK Gold status, but I was told that it is for TG J class only. Turned out not to be an issue as the "normal" immigration process didn't take long. As the a/c had docked at a F gate I assume it must have been at the western arrival hall, but to be honest I'm not exactly sure.

Departing BKK last night (again TG Y class as TK Gold) with quite some lines for security check and exit immigration (I assume some departing flights to China as the majority of pax in the lines appeared to be Chinese) made my wonder if I could have proceeded to the TG premium check-in area (row A/B) with dedicated security check and exit immigration? I didn't expect lines at security check and immigration as the last couple of times departing BKK after midnight there were hardly any lines so I got caught without actually trying the TG premium lane first.

Any updates on this? (Star Alliance Gold flying TG Y)
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Still no Gold track at BKK unfortunately. On departure you may get lucky if your airline passes you a fast track card but otherwise you are stuck using the general security /immigration route.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hmmmmm, I am arriving tonite in Y as TG*G and am tempted to try the TG J line - providing the 'normal lines' don't offer an equal or better path.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
I have posted before on this forum and stated that I as TG Gold have been able to use Immigration at Row A/B for myself and also for my wife and colleagues travelling with me who have Silver or no Status with TG. I was never rejected and did it many times, although not for more than a year as have not travelled in Y during this period.

On arrival I cannot comment from personal experience as I always use the autochannel.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, I’ll try this wig Mrs TK when we depart Thailand in a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hmmmmm, I am arriving tonite in Y as TG*G and am tempted to try the TG J line - providing the 'normal lines' don't offer an equal or better path.
I've seen Y passengers bounced by the immigration officer within the past 6 months in that area. Good luck!

Will be interesting to see how it goes with departures. I believe TG Platinum are entitled to use that fast track but not Gold.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: Thai Airways
TG Platinum are allowed to use, but officially TG Gold are not. After losing my Plat status a few years ago I tried and staff looked at my passport and BP and let me proceed, so tried every time afterwards without any problem when travelling in Economy on short flights to Hanoi, HCM, PP etc.

My impression is that TG Gold members do not try, but if they do in future then staff may not be so accommodating.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by maerim
TG Platinum are allowed to use, but officially TG Gold are not. After losing my Plat status a few years ago I tried and staff looked at my passport and BP and let me proceed, so tried every time afterwards without any problem when travelling in Economy on short flights to Hanoi, HCM, PP etc.

My impression is that TG Gold members do not try, but if they do in future then staff may not be so accommodating.
Thanks, that's interesting. Let's see how Thai-Kiwi gets on in a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, I was successful in using the TG Fast track this evening around 19:59h off TG492, TG*G in Y.

The lane is clearly marked TG First/Biz/Plat so I was prepared for rejection. Large tour groups at immigration were a bit disheartening.

the Fast Track lane had two queues with 2-3 pax ahead - so light. I approached holding passport with gold card visible, but I doubt this was noticed. I provided passport and arrival card and was processed without question or comment.

So worked, but YMMV..
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
the Fast Track lane had two queues with 2-3 pax ahead - so light. I approached holding passport with gold card visible, but I doubt this was noticed. I provided passport and arrival card and was processed without question or comment.
So there's no flunkey standing there policing who enters? You didn't even have to show boarding pass to prove you were traveling TG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.