Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Lounges hopping on TG J pax?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

BKK Lounges hopping on TG J pax?

Hi Experts,
I will be flying from BKK - SYD J class and would like to check out TG lounge / BR lounge and SQ lounge since i have 7 hr layover in BKK. Do i need a entry pass for each lounge ? are they far from each other? which lounge is best to come in? thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi Experts,
I will be flying from BKK - SYD J class and would like to check out TG lounge / BR lounge and SQ lounge since i have 7 hr layover in BKK. Do i need a entry pass for each lounge ? are they far from each other? which lounge is best to come in? thanks!
You just show your BP and enter, repeat until bored or boarding. That is all!

Yes, the SQ and BR lounges are quite far apart, and there are 5 different TG lounges. I prefer the SQ lounge, and then BR, and last TG. All depending on convenience for my departure - the novelty of lounging for its own sake has long since worn off, and the facilities for pax general has improved a lot air-side. Of course, still a useful retreat although I felt compelled to note to two business guys that their conversation was filling the entire lounge (they were seated next to each other!).

With 7 hours, you could also consider a couple of hours in the city in lieu of lounge hopping (unless that is your specific goal).

Locations for each lounge are well marked, but check they will be open (should be).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The TG J lounges are too underwhelming for lounge hopping. You're much better off taking the train into the city for a few hours before returning for a shower and massage, before having a reasonably decent meal in the SQ lounge.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
better shopping then Lounge hopping!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Hi Experts,
I think that BR lounge has just limited opening hours... Wanted to use it last time when I was connecting TG (MEL-BKK) to OS (BKK-VIE) and they have already been closed...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by BinSabai
better shopping then Lounge hopping!
Problem being that I found most of the "desirable" stuff available at BKK more expensive than in Australia...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I think that BR lounge has just limited opening hours... Wanted to use it last time when I was connecting TG (MEL-BKK) to OS (BKK-VIE) and they have already been closed...
your flight must have been some time ago as now they open longer (realizing that they can make some money with passengers from other Airlines as many know the TG J Lounges are Substandard)
current opening time:
06:00-02:30+1(Wed, Fri, Sun);

06:00-03:30+1(Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat);
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:26 pm

your flight must have been some time ago as now they open longer (realizing that they can make some money with passengers from other Airlines as many know the TG J Lounges are Substandard)
current opening time:

It was last June...
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:49 am

Hi Experts,
haha I did exactly that when I have long layover in BKK, just show them your J BP. Don't forget your 30mins massage at Royal Orchid Spa.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Just booked a TG flight in C/J from CNX to TPE with a layover in BKK. I can't seem to get any consensus on best lounges in BKK.

It seems there are 4 Royal Silk Lounges
  • Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse D
  • Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse C - East
  • Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse C - West
  • Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse E - East

There is also 1 Royal Orchid Lounge
  • Royal Orchid Lounge at Concourse E - West

Additionally there are an SQ and BR lounge.

I guess I have 4 questions here
  1. What's the difference between Royal Silk and Royal Orchid?
  2. What's the best TG option?
  3. All *A lounges considered whats the best option?
  4. Are any of the Priority Pass lounges worthwhile?

Sorry if this has been posted before.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
1. Royal Orchid has a small First Class section IIRC, Silk only business
2. D lounge has wine and is bigger, can be a zoo. Otherwise up to you
3. I like the SQ lounge, but no restroom and no showers. BR also better than TG
4. Don't know
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
1. Royal Orchid has a small First Class section IIRC, Silk only business
2. D lounge has wine and is bigger, can be a zoo. Otherwise up to you
3. I like the SQ lounge, but no restroom and no showers. BR also better than TG
4. Don't know
agree with all answers of Thai-Kiwi; SQ and BR over TG J, the latter has also restrooms and showers, but is quite far if your departure is in A/B/C and low D; SQ far away if your departure is E/F/G and high D

Priority Pass Lounges (so called Louis Tavern Lounges) are a fair option if you can enter free. Certainly better then TG J, maybe SQ and BR still a bit better, but not much. there are several across the airport
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Thanks for the answers! The Oman Air lounge is part of PP and looks decent. The general consensus seems to be that TG lounges aren't as nice as other options.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by JHake10

1. Are any of the Priority Pass lounges worthwhile?

Sorry if this has been posted before.
Originally Posted by JHake10
Thanks for the answers! The Oman Air lounge is part of PP and looks decent. The general consensus seems to be that TG lounges aren't as nice as other options.
Oman Air lounge is good with food and a surprisingly decent alcohol selection. Mid-day it's empty as well. It is a trek over to that side of the airport if you're flying out of C concourse though. It does have plumbing including a shower but I've never used the latter.

The Louis Tavern lounges (PP) are on par, or perhaps lower than, TG lounges.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:52 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
current opening time:

+ 1

I always use BR lounge before my OZ flight to ICN (departing at about midnight). I see a lot of folks with TK/LH & TG boarding passes there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.