Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Class Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold
Mixed Class Award Booking

Did a search for a thread but couldn't find anything.

Trying to book BKK-MEL-BKK in business class for 1 passenger as a gold nominee. Booking is on hold till 10th of Feb. Have the outbound confirmed in business class. Inbound is on waiting list in business class. Economy is available.

Is it possible for me to confirm the economy inbound and keep the waiting list business class request? I.e. a mixed class award booking. Or is this not possible as the agent on the phone is telling me?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
Did a search for a thread but couldn't find anything.

Trying to book BKK-MEL-BKK in business class for 1 passenger as a gold nominee. Booking is on hold till 10th of Feb. Have the outbound confirmed in business class. Inbound is on waiting list in business class. Economy is available.

Is it possible for me to confirm the economy inbound and keep the waiting list business class request? I.e. a mixed class award booking. Or is this not possible as the agent on the phone is telling me?
I believe it is possible but you burn the miles in the higher category; and I don't know about changing the award once ticketed as a biz/econ award.

Have you considered open jaw for the return to SYD/BNE instead of MEL (assuming better business award availability) and making a separate arrangement for the domestic sector? Just a thought....
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I believe it is possible but you burn the miles in the higher category; and I don't know about changing the award once ticketed as a biz/econ award.

Have you considered open jaw for the return to SYD/BNE instead of MEL (assuming better business award availability) and making a separate arrangement for the domestic sector? Just a thought....
Thanks. No issue burning the higher miles. I will try again over the phone today. Would prefer to travel direct in economy than have to connect. Is a short trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.