Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Swampy's main business class lounge newspapers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)

I was gob-smacked (although on reflection This Is Thailand so I shouldn't have been) to find while waiting for my flight the other morning that the only English-language paper in the entire lounge was the Phuket Gazette or whatever it's called. It wasn't there by accident, either, there were about 20 or 30 copies carefully displayed on the newspaper racks
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have always seen Bangkok Post and The Nation...WSJ is gone for some time
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I also found (German language) Austrian "Standard" recenly - but most of those whcih used to be offered for years are gone - same as with LH or others.
But luckily finally onboard everything I wanted was available.
In Silke lounge I helped myself with free FWlan access instead......
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I also found (German language) Austrian "Standard" recenly - but most of those whcih used to be offered for years are gone - same as with LH or others.
But luckily finally onboard everything I wanted was available.
In Silke lounge I helped myself with free FWlan access instead......
you are right! most Airlines seem to reduce offerings. Was recently in LH Sen Lounge in FRA; there was not even one magazine available. you could download some magazines under a LH flight number but passengers of other Airlines could not get anything. Also the choice of newspaper was very limited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.