Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Inflight Service Ever Experienced

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At least it was louzy service rather that louse-y service. Gate lice are bad, but I don't wan't any lice, gate or otherwise, or even a single louse, to be served to me during a flight.
Fresh protein, surely? Green curry louse?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
OMG! - what a disaster that you had to skip a meal between SIN-BKK.
No shortage of good meals on the ground in either of those cities, either.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by BC Low
Boarded TG409 on 23Dec2016 from BKK to SIN.We were on seat 62A,62B,62C.
During booking we already confirmed the seats on row 48A,48B,48C
Upon internet check in, was given the last row of seats. Meals was served in an unbelievable sequence. They served 61A,61B,61C,then 62D,62F followed by 62A,62B,62C. Was told no more fish available so ended up no choice. The tray the cabin attendant gave me was a recycle tray from the front which already finished eating because the tray was WET , no paper under neath, and the salad bowl had NO COVER which I think IATA should have looked into this matter seriously. Emailed to Thai customer service on 29Dec 2016 and was told will get a reply but today 13 Dec 2017, NO NEWS
Don't think will fly anymore with Thai Airways because was treated like a .... and the Thai Airways Management should look into this matter seriously
If this is the worst EVER, then you havent seen really bad services!
Did you choose the last row of seats at online checkin?
Did you pre-book the fish meal (if there is such a thing in economy)?
Did you ask why the tray was wet, and if you could get another tray with a salad cover?
Could be a water spill in the cart, dont just assume the worst.
Besides, for such a short flight, they would'nt have the time to start collecting trays upfront before finishing service behind...

Furthermore, do you have a photo of the wet tray with no salad cover?

Um, for the email, what do you seriously expect out of it? A refund?

Sorry to not be sympathetic, but the service expectations for economy class on such a short flight should be adjusted accordingly.
as mentioned upthread, just getting a free cup of juice/water is considered great on some routes!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I absolutely had the best flight ever yesterday on TG407.....

First, I got the cheapest Y ticket available, since Plat, checked in at Plat counter in BKK, a breeze....

Spent two hours in F lounge, enjoying the drinks and food.

Time to board, presented boarding pass, at machine shown a red light.... boarding pass was exchanged for a J class BP... ...

Best crew ever in the J cabin.... female in-flight manager, who spoke almost perfect English, the purser also spoke almost perfect English, so was the FA in charge of the cabin and one very rare thing happened on the flight, all FAs, the IFM and Purser addressed me by my name....

I was totally recognised as a Plat on the flight, with drinks and meal served first before everyone else.

Actually one of the best flight I had on TG so far.....
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kapitan

First, I got the cheapest Y ticket available, since Plat, checked in at Plat counter in BKK, a breeze....

Time to board, presented boarding pass, at machine shown a red light.... boarding pass was exchanged for a J class BP... ...

Best crew ever in the J cabin.... female in-flight manager, who spoke almost perfect English, the purser also spoke almost perfect English, so was the FA in charge of the cabin and one very rare thing happened on the flight, all FAs, the IFM and Purser addressed me by my name....

I was totally recognised as a Plat on the flight, with drinks and meal served first before everyone else.

...and then you woke up from this pleasant dream?!

Just kidding, and great to hear a positive report.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
...and then you woke up from this pleasant dream?!

Just kidding, and great to hear a positive report.
I swear it's not a dream.....

But I must say, it is very very rare for such high service standards, especially for the BKK- SIN, SIN-BKK sectors.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:54 pm
Suspended

I swear it's not a dream.....

But I must say, it is very very rare for such high service standards, especially for the BKK- SIN, SIN-BKK sectors.
This month I have flown LHR-BKK and BKK-AKL in J and have been impressed on both flights with the personal service. I am Silver on TG, and was pleased with the service, the food and the overall experience. Only found the J seat on the 777 to be a pain, but can't blame the crew for that.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MrOscarh
This month I have flown LHR-BKK and BKK-AKL in J and have been impressed on both flights with the personal service. I am Silver on TG, and was pleased with the service, the food and the overall experience. Only found the J seat on the 777 to be a pain, but can't blame the crew for that.
you are talking about the full flat J seat on 777-300ER? why do you call this a pain as i think it is quite a competitive modern J seat, comparable with the best other Airlines have to offer. Are you very tall or heavy?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least for BKK-AKL the J seat on the 777-200ER is the slope-flat, which is what I guess was noted MrOscarh
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.

This should be an advert for Flyertalk - after all this should be the reason why people seek FF Status
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:43 pm
Suspended

At least for BKK-AKL the J seat on the 777-200ER is the slope-flat, which is what I guess was noted MrOscarh

Exactly. It's not so bad when sitting, but when attempting to sleep it doesn't work for me - I'm a side sleeper. Also the lack of storage space is annoying.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by MrOscarh
Exactly. It's not so bad when sitting, but when attempting to sleep it doesn't work for me - I'm a side sleeper. Also the lack of storage space is annoying.
thanks for clarification. The J seat on 777-200 are ok on short haul, but long haul they are not competitive anymore.
Have experienced them on dozens of red eyes flights to Korea...just ok to snooze a bit but nothing for a right sleep
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks for clarification. The J seat on 777-200 are ok on short haul, but long haul they are not competitive anymore.
Have experienced them on dozens of red eyes flights to Korea...just ok to snooze a bit but nothing for a right sleep
I have also taken TG656/658 BKK-ICN a few times in the past 2 years, with a couple of trips in J. I agree that for the 'read-eye' 23:30 departure and 06:30 arrival in a 5 hour flight, sleep is not going to be good no matter the hard product - Y or J (either 330 or 773 - both slope-flat)

Certainly the 777-200 J seat is uncompetitive these days, but I find it tolerable for the 12 hours BKK-AKL (overnight 1840-1205+1) - although with TG there is no choice! I try and stay up for the first 4-5 hours (meal, movie etc) then tray and grab 4-5 hours kip in the middle of the flight and am usually tired enough to do so by then. As noted by BinSabai, the seat is fine for the daytime return flight AKL-BKK.

Naturally, I'd love to see it updated to a fully flat product. I wonder if the 77W has ever been subbed onto the BKK-AKL route - now that would be a nice surprise!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:23 am

Naturally, I'd love to see it updated to a fully flat product. I wonder if the 77W has ever been subbed onto the BKK-AKL route - now that would be a nice surprise!
after they retired the A340, AKL got the worst possible plane...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
after they retired the A340, AKL got the worst possible plane...
Well, the 777-200 J seat is better than the old 747-400 J seat I flew in the mid-90s! All a matter of perspective...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.