Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Lounge in Singapore flying Business Class on Thai Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM

Hi Everyone,

We will be arriving on Singapore Airlines in Business Class and continue a few hours later on Thai Airways Business Class.
I am also a StarGold member and wonder which lounge you would recommend; TG Royal Orchid Lounge or the Krisflyer Gold Lounge at Changi?

The KF gold lounge seems to be a little nicer but I haven't been to the Royal Orchid Lounge recently in Singapore.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the TG Lounge has recently been refurbished. It is closer to the departure gate in terminal 1
have not been to Krisflyer Gold recently but I always found it substandard and pretty crowded
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
the TG Lounge has recently been refurbished. It is closer to the departure gate in terminal 1
have not been to Krisflyer Gold recently but I always found it substandard and pretty crowded
Thank you very much BinSabai, I have been in the Krisflyer Lounge last year and it was quite busy.
The only TG lounge I have been in was the domestic one at BKK in August which was nice and I am sure the refurbished TG lounge in Singapore would be even nicer, we'll definitely give it a try.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Thank you very much BinSabai, I have been in the Krisflyer Lounge last year and it was quite busy.
The only TG lounge I have been in was the domestic one at BKK in August which was nice and I am sure the refurbished TG lounge in Singapore would be even nicer, we'll definitely give it a try.
If travelling in business class, are you are also entitled to use the Silver Kris Business Lounge in T3 AFAIK.

Sure a bit far from T1, but well worth it, and certainly better than the krisflyer Gold lounge for *G.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
If travelling in business class, are you are also entitled to use the Silver Kris Business Lounge in T3 AFAIK.

Sure a bit far from T1, but well worth it, and certainly better than the krisflyer Gold lounge for *G.
+ 1

I never use TG lounge ex SIN when flying TG, always walk all the way to T3 for SilverKris lounge. It's even better than Royal Silk Lounge in BKK.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
I never use TG lounge ex SIN when flying TG, always walk all the way to T3 for SilverKris lounge. It's even better than Royal Silk Lounge in BKK.
It certainly is - the TG lounges at BKK are nowhere near the SKL at SIN T3 and T2 - manybe on par with the Kris Flyer Lounge for *A Gold.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It certainly is - the TG lounges at BKK are nowhere near the SKL at SIN T3 and T2 - manybe on par with the Kris Flyer Lounge for *A Gold.

When flying business from BKK I'll go Royal Orchid Spa then EVA lounge / SilverKris lounge, or vise versa. Never bother to use Royal Silk Lounge at all, not even the concourse D main lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

I always thought that it was only possible to use the Silver Kris Lounge when flying SQ business class and all other Star Alliance flights in business class would need to use the Krisflyer Gold Lounge or the airlines' business class lounge (in this case TG Royal Orchid).
If we can use the Silver Kris lounge, I don't mind walking over to Terminal 3, it's definitely one of the best lounges at SIN.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: TG Gold
I always thought that it was only possible to use the Silver Kris Lounge when flying SQ business class and all other Star Alliance flights in business class would need to use the Krisflyer Gold Lounge or the airlines' business class lounge (in this case TG Royal Orchid).
As business class traveller on Star Alliance you can use the SilverKris Lounge. Star gold in economy have to use the Krisflyer Gold Lounge.

You can check the details here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/de/program/loungefinder?l=en
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You can access the SKL on a TG business class ticket.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You can access the SKL on a TG business class ticket.
Thank you for confirming that Kacee, great to know! We used the SKL last year flying out on SQ in Business but I always thought that it was strictly for SQ ticket holders only.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1786771
As business class traveller on Star Alliance you can use the SilverKris Lounge. Star gold in economy have to use the Krisflyer Gold Lounge.

You can check the details here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...ngefinder?l=en
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.