Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you use a travel agent or book direct?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Do you use a travel agent or book direct?

I have always just booked on line at whichever airline website that I wish to travel with, occasionally using sky scanner to first check the airlines and prices on the routes.

I am facing into a very heavy travel schedule in 2017 and I am considering using a Bangkok-based travel agent to handle my flight bookings for me. Do any of you use a travel agent that you could recommend?

I need an agent that can respond quickly and get me the best air fares (hopefully better than on the THAI website). I usually book long haul in Business and use my PUPs or points to upgrade to First, so I would need an agent that can also handle my ROP account for me.

Obviously, it would need to be a Thai travel agent as all of my travel initiates from BKK

If you don't wish to sing the praises of your favourite TA on the forum then please feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I have always just booked on line at whichever airline website that I wish to travel with, occasionally using sky scanner to first check the airlines and prices on the routes.

I am facing into a very heavy travel schedule in 2017 and I am considering using a Bangkok-based travel agent to handle my flight bookings for me. Do any of you use a travel agent that you could recommend?

I need an agent that can respond quickly and get me the best air fares (hopefully better than on the THAI website). I usually book long haul in Business and use my PUPs or points to upgrade to First, so I would need an agent that can also handle my ROP account for me.

Obviously, it would need to be a Thai travel agent as all of my travel initiates from BKK

If you don't wish to sing the praises of your favourite TA on the forum then please feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Have you looked at AMEX businesses travel? I work for a global company and our Thailand office uses them and without me telling you that they are global. I don't have an exact suggestion for you unfortunately but maybe AMEX travel works well with an AMEX TG card for us given you have so much upcoming flights?

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: TG Gold
Originally Posted by Thaikwai

Thanks
I can recommend a good agent and sent you a PM
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: ROP
I use both, direct booking from airlines website for personal uses and travel agency when its sponsored by my employer.

Usually, the ticket price from agency is cheaper than book direct from airlines but sometimes it is more expensive.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I use a regular travel agent who also likes 5 star / luxury travel so she knows what I like. I look up my own plans so have an idea of what I want and she gives me suggestions of what to do. She also upsells which I am happy with as often I go somewhere or stay at a particular hotel due to her recommendations. She has gotten me some great deals.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
travel agent for business trips as there are often some changes or Special wishes.
ain`t cheap as service has its price
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I always use travel agent as they can do much more than the online tool -
and they can give me good advice about alternatives of fares and travel dates.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I always use travel agent as they can do much more than the online tool -
and they can give me good advice about alternatives of fares and travel dates.
first post!

which travel agent do you use, i'm starting to consider one because finding plane tickets online is taking up too much time and im going to be jumping between bkk and lhr a lot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.