Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Online Seat Reservations via Manage Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Online Seat Reservations via Manage Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
My new seat assignment through the App was instantly reflected in UA's systems.

But I agree, this is a decrease in functionality of the TG website, which is never a good sign.
For the lack of other visibility/access/functions on a UA ticket TG flights it's always been that the UA site updates my TG seat changes.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:58 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:04 pm

I was able to select seats using the iPhone app the other day. It was the only thing that worked.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA/AA
my recent experience with manage my booking on the website was non-functional using the laptop computer.
phone connection impossible for days in USA.
Finally got a seat assignment by e-mail.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I couldn't select seats online either so downloaded the iphone app and like others, was successful! Strange that the app works but the non-mobile website doesn't. Thanks to all for posting about your successes.

As an aside, I burned 80K UA miles for BKK-(TG380)-NRT-(NH773)-ORD in business. The same flights were available in first for 130K miles. Would anyone here spend the extra 50K miles for F on this trip? Seems a bit rich but thought I'd ask.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:57 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
As an aside, I burned 80K UA miles for BKK-(TG380)-NRT-(NH773)-ORD in business. The same flights were available in first for 130K miles. Would anyone here spend the extra 50K miles for F on this trip? Seems a bit rich but thought I'd ask.
I would seriously consider it if I could spare the miles.

Although if you're on TG676 to NRT, the early morning departure negates the F experience pretty substantially.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I couldn't select seats online either so downloaded the iphone app and like others, was successful! Strange that the app works but the non-mobile website doesn't. Thanks to all for posting about your successes.

Is it really necessary to own an iphone and install an app to select an airplane seat ? It would be nice if they could improve their website to have such basic ability.
Sure , why not ? I decided to burn the extra miles for F on TG & NH this time. Next devaluation could push it to prohibitive levels. Not so long ago it was 125k RT in F.

Last edited by Paiteaw; Mar 7, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL, 1WRLD SAPPHIRE, AZ CORP
Does TG block emergency exit row for allocation at check in only (i.e. cannot be selected in advance online)?
No emergency exit seat appears to be available on any of the four legs of my itinerary; so I'm trying to figure out whether they're all already taken or if I still have chance by asking at the checkin counter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jcaitsith; Mar 9, 2017 at 1:18 pm
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jcaitsith
Does TG block emergency exit row for allocation at check in only (i.e. cannot be selected in advance online)?
No emergency exit seat appears to be available on any of the four legs of my itinerary; so I'm trying to figure out whether they're all already taken or if I still have chance by asking at the checkin counter.

Thanks in advance.
Yes they do block exit rows. you can try at get one using OLCI 24hours prior.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
For example 22AB 16AB 16JK 31ABC on B747, if you have booked at the time it is not possible to pre-book the seat, you may be assigned into these seats.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have been offered exit row seats when doing the 24 hours prior online checkin.
Old May 16, 2017, 2:45 am

Does anyone know whether the Android app works for this? I have tried but it is stuck on loading after I enter the booking information.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:57 am

When we flew LHR /BKK unable to change seat even at self check in LHR. Flying back to LHR today on TG910 I changed our seat's using the Thai website on android using chrome. Even the travel agent in the UK was unable to change our seat's for the Bangkok leg so it seems to be a location issue?.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Does anyone know whether the Android app works for this? I have tried but it is stuck on loading after I enter the booking information.
I tried on iOS and there it works, so it appears the Android app is broken.

Can anyone recommend an email address to contact to get seats assigned? I need to reserve a bassinet so it's important (for once!).

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.