Search

TG606 25Dec equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
TG606 25Dec equipment change

All,

Please be aware- Equipment downgrade from B747 to A330 on Christmas Day due to aircraft maintenance.

Not happy as I am booked with my uncle in F (A class) and just been downgraded. Another 6 relatives also on that flight (H class) too.

At least it's not "last minute". I'll wait and see...

Best Wishes!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
This is BKK - HKG.

It being Christmas Day it is not really unheard of. Many airlines reduce the service that day.

I assume you get the fare difference back and as it is only 4 hours it is not a huge deal (even though it is not nice).

Globalist
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
it's more like 2 h 45 minutes! nevertheless
I have a flight on 31./1. on a A380 in F and would be pissed off...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Yea it's not the end of the world and I understand schedule changes. That's why I am not switching to TG600 as sleeping is more important than waking up 5am. More just so others on here are aware.

At least my in and out bound from LHR is still A380 F. So just a little sad as it's a big family/relatives holiday and now we will all miss the F lounge in BKK (My book to cook option still listed though, not sure about my 60min spa)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Update- I was offered $1150 HKD for the fare diffence between the 2 cabins. I am not going to go into a debate about full fare J vs. Discount F etc. My point really is so that others have a reference point in the future should this happen.

To be honest, with such small price diff with BKK departure. I would think the 60 min spa and the Dom is justified enough to go for F

One may argue it's a short flight but having came off a 2 hours SAS flight (ARN-MAN, very similar distance to HKG from BKK) seated in the front row of their plus cabin, looking out to see a TG parked there in ARN. I wish I was on TG

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Just priced up a one way cheapest F vs J (was in P vs J) and it came to HKD 1250 - surprised - well worth the Spa & Dom!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
in the past there was something like a pretty frequent FREE operational upgrade...
got it several times on the BKK HKG route, but not during the last couple of years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.