Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

ROP Gold Birthday Award - Use on Code-share possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold

Hi All

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any references. Does anyone know if birthday awards can be used on code-share flights where TG metal doesn't go (e.g., to the US via BR)?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
neither birthday award nor GUP/PUP possible on code share
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: BRK-B
I am trying to book LHR-BKK-SIN with the whole trip in next year by using this year Gold 50%, LHR office said that they are not able to do it - have to do it next year, but BKK office said that they can. Later, I contacted TG London office with my ticket again and they THREATEN me by saying that they will void the ticket as Gold 50% is not applicable for flight beginning in next year, what is happening?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Noppasit
I am trying to book LHR-BKK-SIN with the whole trip in next year by using this year Gold 50%, LHR office said that they are not able to do it - have to do it next year, but BKK office said that they can. Later, I contacted TG London office with my ticket again and they THREATEN me by saying that they will void the ticket as Gold 50% is not applicable for flight beginning in next year, what is happening?
Did you get the customer service agent's name? I would make a complaint if I were you, about being threatened like that.

You can use this year's 50% Discount Redemption voucher to book a flight for next year. As long as you surrender the redemption voucher this year, before it expires, you can use it to book a flight next year. I have done this before.

However, I am somewhat confused when you say you contacted them "with my ticket again". Do you already have a ticket issued for the trip? If so, how could you use the 50% Discount Redemption voucher?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Did you get the customer service agent's name? I would make a complaint if I were you, about being threatened like that.

You can use this year's 50% Discount Redemption voucher to book a flight for next year. As long as you surrender the redemption voucher this year, before it expires, you can use it to book a flight next year. I have done this before.

However, I am somewhat confused when you say you contacted them "with my ticket again". Do you already have a ticket issued for the trip? If so, how could you use the 50% Discount Redemption voucher?
I remembered that this was discussed on here and in this case the first leg must be in 2016 while the rest of the legs can be in 2017. Ticket valid for 1 year.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:22 am

I'm sorry, at that time it is a booking. The person is Thai who is working in the Royal Orchid Plus section in London. The other worse thing is there is a Pilipino who work at TG's office near Green Park, she can't even book me on a waitlisted flight, this is somewhat an idiot.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by kinchai
I remembered that this was discussed on here and in this case the first leg must be in 2016 while the rest of the legs can be in 2017. Ticket valid for 1 year.
This is also what I know. Are there any changes?

Last edited by anaidross; Nov 3, 2016 at 8:31 am
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
neither birthday award nor GUP/PUP possible on code share
Thanks, much appreciated!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:03 am

That is my understanding of it from earlier discussions with ROP Melbourne ( and I hope it's right, otherwise I have no way to start another journey this year and would lose the benefit).
The advice was unequivocal: make a booking/redemption before the end of the year to be used by the end of 2017.
If things have changed, without notice, my days with ROP will be over for good.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Dear all

As I am worried that the 50% redemption offer is not available next year.

So I wish to take advantage of it.

I plan to fly the sector from SIN - BKK in Dec this year and the remaining sectors (BKK - LHR and LHR - SIN) next year in June.

As I am still not certain about the dates for the sectors to LHR yet, it is very likely that I would be making changes.

I check the handbook, the service fee is USD60. Does anyone know if this correct?

Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have changed dates for 50% redemption tickets without paying any fee...
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I have changed dates for 50% redemption tickets without paying any fee...
That's probably cos you are Plat. For us lowly Gold we have to pay the change fee.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
Dear all

So I wish to take advantage of it.

I plan to fly the sector from SIN - BKK in Dec this year and the remaining sectors (BKK - LHR and LHR - SIN) next year in June.

As I am still not certain about the dates for the sectors to LHR yet, it is very likely that I would be making changes.

I check the handbook, the service fee is USD60. Does anyone know if this correct?

Thank you.
Don't forget you will need availability in award class and it is not so easy on LHR route. Don't get mixed up with GUP, not impossible but for me it takes 6 months or so planning if you want TG910 during peak/ shoulder season and weekend departure.

Enjoy
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by anaidross
Dear all

Thank you.
Where did you get that from? or is it only your feeling?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:39 pm

Don't forget you will need availability in award class and it is not so easy on LHR route. Don't get mixed up with GUP, not impossible but for me it takes 6 months or so planning if you want TG910 during peak/ shoulder season and weekend departure.

Enjoy
Yes, this is quite true for 50%, you have to go on waiting list on TG910 for quite a long time. TG also axed the availability of J-Class during first week of 2017 and that makes you can't use GUP or PUP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.