Wiki Posts
Search

New to Gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Royal Orchid
New to Gold

Quick question regarding Immigration clearance.

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop...ith_THAI.page?

The above link shows that Gold and Platinum qualify for Priority Security Clearance.

For Gold does this apply to both departures and arrivals at Suvarnabhumi?

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, World Perks
I believe as gold you are able to access the Star Alliance Goldtrack (priority security) where they have them. I am not aware that Suvarnabhumi Airport has those.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aus666
Quick question regarding Immigration clearance.

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop...ith_THAI.page?

The above link shows that Gold and Platinum qualify for Priority Security Clearance.

For Gold does this apply to both departures and arrivals at Suvarnabhumi?

Thanks.
This is an interesting point that Aus666 makes. If you click the link the OP has provided it does indeed show that Priority Security Clearance is a benefit for Gold and Platinum members. Yet, if you go to the page that lists the Thai and *A benefits in detail there is no mention of it on the Gold benefits page, whereas it is clearly stated on the Platinum benefits page. Both pages list Gold Track as a benefit.

ohsopc is correct in that Suvarnabhumi is not participating in the Gold Track program at this moment in time.

I know that THAI Departures Fast Track Immigration at Suvarnabhumi is only for Business/First/Platinum/TIPs. Gold members traveling in Economy do not qualify. I wonder if Security Clearance is somehow different to Immigration Fast Track in the mind of the author of the benefits pages on the website?

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi there is a sign that says Fast Track and this has been moved to the opposite side of the Immigration area, where you have to negotiate a Fast Track Dragon, and an extremely narrow cordoned off area to gain access. I have never paid much attention to the sign and cannot recall if it lists eligibility or if it just says THAI Fast Track. This area is separate from the non-THAI Premium Immigration that other airlines pay for their passengers to use and for which they issue a Premium Pass.

Have any Gold members here tried to use either the Fast Track Immigration on departure or arrival at Swampy?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
well good question!

for departure *gold will not get any fast track
as for arrival there is a new fast track as thaikwai mentioned and I have never experienced any immigration officer asking for boarding pass or membership card! so probably even bold cattle class passenger without status could immigrate there. As far as I remember, officially also *Gold or maybe only TG Gold can go there! I will give a closer look when I pass next week there and report back!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BRK-B
Yes, I think I did use the departure fast track with ROP*G when travelling in Economy before.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
This is an interesting point that Aus666 makes. If you click the link the OP has provided it does indeed show that Priority Security Clearance is a benefit for Gold and Platinum members. Yet, if you go to the page that lists the Thai and *A benefits in detail there is no mention of it on the Gold benefits page, whereas it is clearly stated on the Platinum benefits page. Both pages list Gold Track as a benefit.

ohsopc is correct in that Suvarnabhumi is not participating in the Gold Track program at this moment in time.

I know that THAI Departures Fast Track Immigration at Suvarnabhumi is only for Business/First/Platinum/TIPs. Gold members traveling in Economy do not qualify. I wonder if Security Clearance is somehow different to Immigration Fast Track in the mind of the author of the benefits pages on the website?

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi there is a sign that says Fast Track and this has been moved to the opposite side of the Immigration area, where you have to negotiate a Fast Track Dragon, and an extremely narrow cordoned off area to gain access. I have never paid much attention to the sign and cannot recall if it lists eligibility or if it just says THAI Fast Track. This area is separate from the non-THAI Premium Immigration that other airlines pay for their passengers to use and for which they issue a Premium Pass.

Have any Gold members here tried to use either the Fast Track Immigration on departure or arrival at Swampy?

*A Gold Fast Track is not for BKK airport at this moment, confirmed.
Some other airports, e,g. Haneda does this service.
Ususally, fast track is offered to not only Business Class, but to Economy as long as the passenger is gold member of the *A airline members.

But but but but.......

Not all airlines even they are member of *A can get this benefits. At Haneda airport on *A fast track, but if you fly with Asiana. You can not use this service. I fly out from Haneda to Seoul 5-6 times a year but never ever see they open this for me yet until now. Other airlines, NH, TG, LH can do.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Is there any fast track departure security/immigration for *Gold departing TG business class? Or is it just for FC?
Is there a recommended arrival time at BKK for an 8am departure? Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Is there any fast track departure security/immigration for *Gold departing TG business class? Or is it just for FC?
Is there a recommended arrival time at BKK for an 8am departure? Thanks!
all TG business class passenger have departure fast track (security and immigration) and Arrival fast track (immigration)
Arrival time depends, whether you have luggage to check in or not
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by leonjoel
Not all airlines even they are member of *A can get this benefits. At Haneda airport on *A fast track, but if you fly with Asiana. You can not use this service. I fly out from Haneda to Seoul 5-6 times a year but never ever see they open this for me yet until now. Other airlines, NH, TG, LH can do.
If you are gold, and either have a valid card or the SAG status printed on your boarding pass, you are good to go!!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
If you are gold, and either have a valid card or the SAG status printed on your boarding pass, you are good to go!!
That may possibly be a Japan-Korea 'relationship' matter, rather than something about Asiana.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
That may possibly be a Japan-Korea 'relationship' matter, rather than something about Asiana.
this applies almost world-wide to SAG passengers - no limitation to Japan-Korea
and it works in BKK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.