Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible political unrest in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
The latest I have heard from on the ground in BKK is that most bars are closing at midnight and the music is subdued. A friend that works at one of Ashley Sutton's places was initially told they would be closed for a month and was then called into work after only 5 or 6 days!

For those interested in the naughty parts of town, the same rules apply and with all the neon signage turned off. The bars are opening earlier to compensate for time lost at the end of the night.

According to taxi drivers there are night clubs open but I gave that a pass.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
In BKK today.

Black still visible and farangs also comply. There are no commercials in the BTS sky trains, monitors just show pictures of HM The King.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Entertainment is back on as of November 14, as the 30 day period of mourning is over.
Overly obnoxious activities will still be discouraged and government employees will wear black for another 11 months. However, the major holiday events have been okayed. This should satisfy most of the responsible expats and visitors. The low end sex tourists wwill just have to show some restraint for a few more months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.