First Class Rimowa Kits?

Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus & Kris Flyer & Qantas
Thank you. I will definitely enjoy the new crystal glassware filled with Dom. Fabulouso and I am very very pleased that it is still RIMOWA. Luv it.

Last edited by siam4us; Oct 13, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: TG Gold
Available colors on my trips FRA-BKK-SYD-BKK in the last 2 weeks

[IMG]print screen windows[/IMG]
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Magnus
Available colors on my trips FRA-BKK-SYD-BKK in the last 2 weeks
two different colors is a great choice! often only one available
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
HND-BKK-SYD-BKK-HND - (Pink & Black), Blue, Dark blue, Brown
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:59 pm

I heard about the turquoise blue but I haven't had one yet. I hope there will be some on one of my flights. Magnus, the far right, is that matt black?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Rimowa...and Pyjamas on Eva Business

I got a very nice Eva Green one on the BKK-LHR flight earlier this week. Very nice Business Class product from Eva, far superior to Thai's, and PJ's in Business also. I rarely fly to London, usually preferring the Paris route. Thai were asking for THB153,000 for Business (and I would have used a PUP to upgrade to F), but Eva was offering Business for only THB105,000 so I thought I would pocket the THB50,000 and try Eva......Thai had better be looking over their shoulder. Great lounge in BKK also, with great food.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:51 am

so what is superior on Eva's long haul J product in addition to the amenity kit (I have been at the BKK lounge and it is better then J lounge of TG but not as good as TG's F lounge)?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
They give out pyjamas, and the dinner service is much nicer. Large plates, and glasses, similar to TG F (but not the large, long stemmed wine glasses. Food was excellent, but TG J food is probably as good (haven't flown TG J long haul for some time. Seating is reverse herringbone on the 777 which I thought was nice. I had a window seat, facing out the window.

I agree that TG F lounge is much nicer. But, Eva provide all of this for THB50,000 less than Thai.....that's the biggest difference!!!!

As I said in the OP I normally fly in F by buying a J ticket and upgrading, but if I was a regular J long haul flyer then the Eva service/price proposition would be hard to ignore.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:55 pm

What about the picture of the contents in the amenity kit from Eva? for my curiosity. Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
They give out pyjamas, and the dinner service is much nicer. Large plates, and glasses, similar to TG F (but not the large, long stemmed wine glasses. Food was excellent, but TG J food is probably as good (haven't flown TG J long haul for some time. Seating is reverse herringbone on the 777 which I thought was nice. I had a window seat, facing out the window.

I agree that TG F lounge is much nicer. But, Eva provide all of this for THB50,000 less than Thai.....that's the biggest difference!!!!

As I said in the OP I normally fly in F by buying a J ticket and upgrading, but if I was a regular J long haul flyer then the Eva service/price proposition would be hard to ignore.
thanks Thaikwai for the details! yes the 50k THB are quite significant and the pricing for TG J long haul is a big concern.
food service (and glassware) on TG J long haul has improved as well, no PJ though
to where in Europe are they flying from BKK or TPE?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks Thaikwai for the details! yes the 50k THB are quite significant and the pricing for TG J long haul is a big concern.
food service (and glassware) on TG J long haul has improved as well, no PJ though
to where in Europe are they flying from BKK or TPE?
Hi BinSabai, in addition to flying to LHR from BKK I believe they fly to Amsterdam, but not 100% sure of that, don't think they fly to Paris.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by siam4us
What about the picture of the contents in the amenity kit from Eva? for my curiosity. Cheers.
Hi Siam4us,

Photo attached of contents. Nicely colour coded and branded and the anti static cloth is a nice touch. However, the Thai contents are better with the nice L'Occitane cologne and body lotion, but you would expect it to be better as its a First Class amenity kit.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:44 am

Ah! Harnn is a Thai brand.
Yeah! the contents of Thai 1st class rimowa are more superior which it should be as it is 1st class. Thank you for the pic.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:53 am

I just flew SYD-BKK-FRA yesterday, still Rimowa case but contents are no longer L'occitane. It is something I never ever heard of. I don't like the contents.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by siam4us
I just flew SYD-BKK-FRA yesterday, still Rimowa case but contents are no longer L'occitane. It is something I never ever heard of. I don't like the contents.
Um... I like the Rimowa case a lot (just the look, completely unpractical to use compared to other kits) and I haven't got the full collection yet, unlike some of us on here.

I hope things don't change till I jump on my next F flight in 20 days time. Content wise I quite like the old Hermes and Bvlgari. I went on and bought myself a Hermes Orange.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.