Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Do you/Would you pay real money for TG First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you/Would you pay real money for TG First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Sometimes Business and First fares might be similarly priced when in Business only C inventory left but First still has P inventory available. I recall flying to TPE in First only because the delta was below EUR 500.00 and I just paid the difference with my credit card (Travel Agency issued the ticket and billed my Company for C and me for the fare difference).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: TG Plat
I used to fly LHR-BKK-HKT once or twice a year and always flew F and paid with my own money, this was 12 or more years ago on 747s when F was single seats but not suites. At the time I thought business not worth the premium over economy, I just don't like sitting and sleeping next to a stranger for 12 hours and the service and meals in F were streets ahead.
Then I started doing the trip 8 or more times a year so on the grounds of cost I flew economy the majority of the time but business at peak tourist periods.
Now I fly business all the time but because of the improved service and suites I don't think F is worth the premium, especially now it is double the price of discounted business seats.
The main issue I have with business are no immigration fast track at HKT (even at the new terminal!) and the TG lounges in BKK which are an utter disgrace, especially for the home airport - dreadful layout, worn out seats, crap food and no wine. Platinum will fix that when I get there.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by andyptrav
I used to fly LHR-BKK-HKT once or twice a year and always flew F and paid with my own money, this was 12 or more years ago on 747s when F was single seats but not suites. At the time I thought business not worth the premium over economy, I just don't like sitting and sleeping next to a stranger for 12 hours and the service and meals in F were streets ahead.
Then I started doing the trip 8 or more times a year so on the grounds of cost I flew economy the majority of the time but business at peak tourist periods.
Now I fly business all the time but because of the improved service and suites I don't think F is worth the premium, especially now it is double the price of discounted business seats.
The main issue I have with business are no immigration fast track at HKT (even at the new terminal!) and the TG lounges in BKK which are an utter disgrace, especially for the home airport - dreadful layout, worn out seats, crap food and no wine. Platinum will fix that when I get there.
8 times a year in biz? why are you not Platinum?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
8 times a year in biz? why are you not Platinum?
You need to read when not in a rush.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
TG lounges in BKK which are an utter disgrace, especially for the home airport - dreadful layout, worn out seats, crap food and no wine. Platinum will fix that when I get there.
TG lounges are fine IMO, it's basic but it offer pretty much everything you need. Obviously can't compare with LAX lounge, TK lounge, NH lounge, BR lounge, or SG lounge. But have you ever been to PEK Air China lounge? ADD Ethiopia Lounge? PTY COPA lounge? or any of the old United Club? (the new one with polaris design is actually super nice). Now thats dreadful lounge for the home airport.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:50 am

I get where the original poster is coming from. Yes, I'd pay full fare for first, IF I was flying out of BKK, as the ground SERVICE IS AMAZING there and worth every penny...The level of service you get with Thai at BKK is beyond singapore and cathay in my opinion!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
TG lounges in BKK which are an utter disgrace, especially for the home airport - dreadful layout, worn out seats, crap food and no wine. Platinum will fix that when I get there.
Friendly reminder SQ and BR lounges exist in BKK
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by TPJ
Friendly reminder SQ and BR lounges exist in BKK
Yes, I do use the SQ lounge but it closes about 10:30pm and my flight is 01:15am. BR lounge is miles away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.