Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Worst experience ever with Thai for Gold Member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst experience ever with Thai for Gold Member

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by BinSabai
50%? Thaikwai quoted: More than 50% of the Platinum members don't even scratch the surface of the mileage requirements, but they are monks, TIPs, Government employees.

have you ever seen a buffalo being a monk or a TIP? but of course he could be employed by the government!
I have not seen a buffalo being a TIP yet (there may be) but I have definitely seen a pig being TIP.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, World Perks
Perhaps the non-status just choose their seat online

so in July I flew BKK-CTS return on the 747 with no F class service with my parents. Even though I was gold member, I was able to select seats row 1,2, and 3 right from the internet through Manage My Booking for my parents. Also, my travel agent were also able to book them right during ticketing. Knowing THAI doesn't have any advanced online seat selection capacity, I'm assuming for your case the non-status passengers were able to freely choose the seats as THAI didn't block them.

Also note that THAI doesn't have any preferential seating benefits for status members. Exit seats or F/C seats operating in J are always on request at check-in, available to all passengers (so you can always ask).
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by ohsopc
so in July I flew BKK-CTS return on the 747 with no F class service with my parents. Even though I was gold member, I was able to select seats row 1,2, and 3 right from the internet through Manage My Booking for my parents. Also, my travel agent were also able to book them right during ticketing. Knowing THAI doesn't have any advanced online seat selection capacity, I'm assuming for your case the non-status passengers were able to freely choose the seats as THAI didn't block them.

Also note that THAI doesn't have any preferential seating benefits for status members. Exit seats or F/C seats operating in J are always on request at check-in, available to all passengers (so you can always ask).
Yes that's true.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:40 am

Hmm, then I must be the "lucky" one. I was on the midnight flight BKK-MEL on Sep 16 and it was a 777-300ER with flat bed. I booked this flight and it showed it was the new A350 but it didn't happen. I received an email from them when I was at the airport "apologizing" for the change of planes. On my return it was the old 777-200 so "Travelislife" is completely right here! By the way, we got a very good deal getting on this flight for US1900 biz class HKG-MEL return so I got what I paid for - no point to bark!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.