Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 hours non-stop to Honolulu on TG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Just wait next time these guys need to go something that is on the TG network with schedule flights. We are all going to get bumped.

I have a silly question- is there no aircraft that belongs to the Thai Air Force that could have done the trip? The reason I ask is because a few months ago there was a discussion on BAEC about Prince William and family going to Canada and blocking out the BA F cabin. In the end they went with the Royal Canadian Air Force.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boogey
plane in service was HS-TGA.

flight time BKK HNL was 11hrs57mins. departed late by one hour
flight time HNL BKK was 12hrs05mins. arrived late by one hour

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hs-tga

i found an interesting questoin on the bangkokpost... how did TG get a permission to land HS-TGA in the US?
Nice research!

I am guessing they were allowed to land because it was an official visit and a private flight not a commercial flight.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by kinchai
Just wait next time these guys need to go something that is on the TG network with schedule flights. We are all going to get bumped.

I have a silly question- is there no aircraft that belongs to the Thai Air Force that could have done the trip? The reason I ask is because a few months ago there was a discussion on BAEC about Prince William and family going to Canada and blocking out the BA F cabin. In the end they went with the Royal Canadian Air Force.
RCAF uses Airbus CC-150 Polaris for VIP, which has range around 6,000 miles so flying TATL is normal. Royal Thai Air Force has B737, and A319 for VIPs so going to Hawaii is not plausible without stop over.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kraafish
Im pretty sure he will get no Caviar service or DP
he will have to provide service!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:10 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Their excuse was that their magnificent military movers were not capable of a single 19-hour flight and would have had to, horror of horrors, stop en route to refuel.
I re-read the news from other source and the "19 hours" reference is the time that it would have been required had they opt to use smaller aircraft, which requires 2 fuel stops.

The 744-operated flights took only 12 hours.

The reason for using the 744 is mostly range and fleet utilization. The aircraft types in TG fleet that can fly this route non-stop are 388, 77E, 77W, 788, 744, 359. Among these types, using 744 is the best choice as the fleet utilization is low and it has the non-flat business class. Taking 744 out for this charter should cause least disruption to scheduled revenue service.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by spk
I re-read the news from other source and the "19 hours" reference is the time that it would have been required had they opt to use smaller aircraft, which requires 2 fuel stops.

The 744-operated flights took only 12 hours.

The reason for using the 744 is mostly range and fleet utilization. The aircraft types in TG fleet that can fly this route non-stop are 388, 77E, 77W, 788, 744, 359. Among these types, using 744 is the best choice as the fleet utilization is low and it has the non-flat business class. Taking 744 out for this charter should cause least disruption to scheduled revenue service.
makes sense^
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:28 am

I am not knowledgeable about costs of such charters, or what governments typically spend for such flights, but I am not sure that figure is unreasonable. Using the 744 with its F and J cabins, as well as its four engines make it a logical choice for a long over water route.

A VIP configured 737 is not a suitable aircraft to transport 38 people on that type of route. If it even has proper seating for 38 pax in the first place...

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 5, 2016 at 9:42 pm
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Smooth as silk
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BinSabai
he will have to provide service!
Now I am quaking in my TODS loafers at the prospect of being "found" by the deranged Junta.............anyway, enough, I have expended too much precious energy on this topic already. If you are genuinely afraid then always use a VPN, NEVER log on to your smartphone on a public wi-fi network in Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter, as the Thais have some interesting tactical MITM wi-fi interceptors deployed. How do you think they got into the supposedly "private" Facebook Messenger/chat of that dissident's mother and arrested her for using the word "ja"...........

"Be afraid, be very afraid.....do de do de do de do"
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:52 am
SKL

Didn't Thai government purchase an Airbus A345 from THAI? The cost of acquisition with spare engine and ancillary equipment was by report close to USD 50 million. Isn't this aircraft (HS-TLC) a great choice for the Hawaiian trip?
I saw a video on Youtube of Royal Thai Air Force A345 doing touch and go in Phuket. Aircraft was not ready for Hawaiian trip? Who knows what excuses they can come up with.
Hats off to THAI for money making. Charged the government above market price for A345, then quoted 21 million baht for the Hawaiian trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.