Wiki Posts
Search

Interline with Air NZ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Interline with Air NZ?

I am thinking of flying Auckland to Sydney to arrive at 8.30am and then jump on the 10am flight to BKK.

Questions are...

Do Air NZ and TG interline... so will I be able to check in at Auckland for the TG flight (completely separate bookings).

Will that allow me enough time to switch flights?

(the reason for not flying direct is that I want to use my GUP on the TG flights from J to F)

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
there is a interline agreement but whether airlines allow check through of luggage on separate tickets depend on the airline where you check in
I have no experience with Air NZ, but there website states that they do not check through for separate tickets
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/checked-in-baggage
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
There are many threads that discuss the sad fact that NZ does not check through even on their own flights if not on one PNR. So from that I would suggest that your chance of NZ checking you through to TG is big fat zero.

90 minutes in SYD in such case are IMHO not enough. Also, keep in mind that you will need Australian visa to check in for your TG flight.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Check in, I doubt. Interline possibly. TG does sell AKL-BKK tickets via SYD with the AKL-SYD leg on an NZ aircraft
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Check in, I doubt. Interline possibly. TG does sell AKL-BKK tickets via SYD with the AKL-SYD leg on an NZ aircraft
Which is different from OP's situation:

Originally Posted by newshound
Do Air NZ and TG interline... so will I be able to check in at Auckland for the TG flight (completely separate bookings).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I wouldn't risk it, the official policy is no on separate tickets.

NZ's check-in process is fully automated in AKL e.g. they have removed all of the check-in counters, and staff assisting will just walk you to an self check-in machine.

Then they have recently automated the bag drops, so they are no longer staffed. You walk up to the back drop, insert your passport it take an photo of you and if you match the passport it takes your bag.

The self check-in machine will only print out your bag tags to SYD. Best option would be to take the 1930 NZ711 service the night before.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Which is different from OP's situation:
Wow, you could've knocked me down with a feather, guv
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
OK thanks. I may be able to do it all with just hand luggage but it still sounds risky as I won't be able to check in for the BKK flight in AKL.

I'll have a look at what options Qantas have in the morning from AKL to SYD or alternatively take a late flight and stop over in SYD for the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.