BKK to HND and NRT flights

Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
BKK to HND and NRT flights

HI would appreciate some advice from the experienced TG flyers out there. From memory, TG changes the aircraft type on their Japan flights quite a bit.

I want to book an award seat either BKK to Haneda Thai 660 depart 1pm or BKK to Narita Thai 676 depart at 7.35. I am looking at First Class for these flights and Haneda is my preference and I will be travelling in June next year

My questions are:

1. How long has the Haneda flight been operating? Is it a 'stable flight' or a flight that often gets discontinued on a seasonal basis.

2. Would either of these flights be more likely to have F class removed because of an aircraft swap ( I am not talking about on the day swaps, more seasonal ones eg TG sometimes removes F on Frankfurt flights in summer I think)

Any thoughts or insights appreciated. I need to try and get this right as it is a Lifemiles award and as I will be connecting onto JFK on ANA. Lifemiles might cancel my whole booking if they downgrade the first F segment

Thank you
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wtcmor
From memory, TG changes the aircraft type on their Japan flights quite a bit.
I don't think that's really true. The 744 to HND and the 380 to NRT are two of TG's more stable flights.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't think that's really true. The 744 to HND and the 380 to NRT are two of TG's more stable flights.
Hoping so, I am on TG 676 in F in December!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:17 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I fly 660 once or twice a month. Have had no issues with swapping to non-F equipment. The only question is whether you get the old F interior of the new F interior.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
those are prime routes for TG and they can also sell reasonable numbers of F seats, so I think they will keep A380 and 747 for one of the daily flights
Osaka is more volatile as they loose A380 from September
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
quick question i have used miles for class C
BKK-HND TG 682 it says 773 but when i go to website of thai airways to check out the seat configuration, it says it is 777-300er and its new aircraft?

anyone know about it? i just want to ensure its not the old angle-recline seats

*got my answer, yes it is new aircraft which has flat bed. so happy about it! means i can sleep comfy on this red eye flight

Last edited by scrappydog; Aug 20, 2016 at 7:11 am
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:26 am

was earlier this year on TG682 and it was a 777-300ER
currently it is a 744 (both daily flights to Haneda are currently 744, just flew HND BKK on the red eyes this week)
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
thanks binsabai. not familiar with 744 but is it a lie flat on business? was wondering if they do change aircraft often? thanks
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog
thanks binsabai. not familiar with 744 but is it a lie flat on business? was wondering if they do change aircraft often? thanks
no, 744 have angle flat seats in business, but provides the opportunity to upgrade to F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.