Wiki Posts
Search

Samui service after 737 retirement?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Samui service after 737 retirement?

I noticed there is no scheduled service BKK-USM after March 29. I seem to recall (perhaps mistakenly) that these flights were not released for sale at T-330 like most flights. I also noticed here that the 737s are planned to be retired next year. (Haven't they been threatening this or trying to sell these planes for a couple of years?)

Is there any plan for TG to continue service to USM? I have also seen mentioned that their A320s aren't compatible with USM airport. The A320s are operated by WE and thus not book able with UA miles anyway?

Just trying to figure if I should just be planning to book the USM flights on PG instead of hoping TG continues service until when we'd like to go.

Any thoughts/help?

Last edited by Ripper3785; Jul 5, 2016 at 3:54 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
good and interesting question!
Samui is like Phuket and Chiang Mai an attractive destination for TG. They had to fight hard to break the monopole of PG; so they will not let that go away so easy
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
there are indeed rumors that TG either may cease its own operation between BKK and USM or if they will lease A319-aircraft for these flights.
As the Laotian government is also preventing TG to swap its flights to TG Smile (see: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...d-laos-flights) there is another important reason for TG to keep the two B737 in service or lease adequate equipment for those two routes (to USM and to VTE).
But who knows when they will finally decide about that....

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jul 6, 2016 at 1:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.