Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROP website - Platinum Award Eligibility

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
ROP website - Platinum Award Eligibility

I just noticed, this morning, that there is now a section on the TG ROP website, titled "Platinum Award Eligibility", where I can see all the PUP's I have and the expiry dates!!

This is a very useful new addition to the website, and something that has been asked of Thai for a very long tme. Seems like Thai may have actually been listening to their customers
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
yes it is pretty new; came with last website overhaul.
I think I lost many PUP as I was not aware of expiry date. should not happen again! expire actually pretty fast!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes it is pretty new; came with last website overhaul.
I think I lost many PUP as I was not aware of expiry date. should not happen again! expire actually pretty fast!
I think its 12 months for the ones you earn with every 50,000 miles flown, and two years for the one you earn upon renewing Platinum. I just renewed on 31 May and I have a new PUP in my account, expiring June 2018, whereas the others all seem to be 12 months validity.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I think its 12 months for the ones you earn with every 50,000 miles flown, and two years for the one you earn upon renewing Platinum. I just renewed on 31 May and I have a new PUP in my account, expiring June 2018, whereas the others all seem to be 12 months validity.
"renewed": do you mean you just went during second year over 80k miles or you finished your second year with over 80k miles
I broke 80k miles early May but still no PUP1 awarded; they obviously wait until the period ends and then they award. I have two PUP2 (from 50k miles flown), that expire pretty soon...
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
"renewed": do you mean you just went during second year over 80k miles or you finished your second year with over 80k miles
I broke 80k miles early May but still no PUP1 awarded; they obviously wait until the period ends and then they award. I have two PUP2 (from 50k miles flown), that expire pretty soon...
My Platinum status was renewed on May 31st. I had achieved the second 80,000 miles in early May, but they don't renew your status until the previous period has elapsed. They don't award the PUP (or the bonus 10,000 miles) until the day after your previous evaluation period has ended.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
My Platinum status was renewed on May 31st. I had achieved the second 80,000 miles in early May, but they don't renew your status until the previous period has elapsed. They don't award the PUP (or the bonus 10,000 miles) until the day after your previous evaluation period has ended.
thanks! then I have to wait until end of July

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.