Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight to Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Flight to Copenhagen

Can I check what is the Business Class seating arrangement for the flights to and from Copenhagen? Specifically:

TG 410 and TG 950
TG 951 and TG 403

Is it a 777-300 or 777-300ER? Are the seats with aisle access or arranged 2 in a row? Especially for the flight from Bangkok to Copenhagen and back (the long sector)?

How would you compare this with Emirates, for those who have flown that?

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
AFAIK TG 950/951 are always the 77W which has the new business class seat.

I can't compare to EK because I have never flow them but I have flown the new TG C seat and really liked it a lot. I hear EK can be hit or miss in C, also on EK you'll be second fiddle to the F passengers where on TG you'll be to top of the heap and receive the best the flight has to offer.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Seattle1
Can I check what is the Business Class seating arrangement for the flights to and from Copenhagen? Specifically:

TG 410 and TG 950
TG 951 and TG 403

Is it a 777-300 or 777-300ER? Are the seats with aisle access or arranged 2 in a row? Especially for the flight from Bangkok to Copenhagen and back (the long sector)?

How would you compare this with Emirates, for those who have flown that?

Thanks!
Seats are pretty much 100% the same as EK's A380's. Much better than EK's 777's where you will be stuck with 2-3-2 angled seats.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
TG950/951 I can confirm what Madone59 is telling. staggered 1-2-1. fullflat. EF seats only recommended for couples
TG403/410 from/to SIN usually 777-300 with 2-3-2 angle flat and occasionally a 77w or a 744 (the latter has also angle flat seats)
Old May 27, 2016, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

Can someone booking Business on Thai for the first time (I have Star Alliance Gold) choose the seats online? Are the window seats very popular and unavailable?

Some said the seats on Thai are rather narrow. Would that be correct?
Old May 27, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thanks for the advice.

Can someone booking Business on Thai for the first time (I have Star Alliance Gold) choose the seats online? Are the window seats very popular and unavailable?

Yes you can select your seats when booking online.
Window seat popularity depends on the person, and a bit about the route and aircraft type.
Seat size is always subjective - I have no issues with THAI Business class seats.

Try not to worry too much!
Old May 27, 2016, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes you can choose seats (as well as your meal) online. It can be hard to get the best window seats (where the divider is on the aisle side), giving more privacy). Not difficult to get the slightly less desirable ones, where the divider is on the window side. This is what they look like (note this is the 380, but the 77W is the same):

I don't find them narrow. Probably depends on how big you are. It's a comfortable seat, one of the better business class products out there.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:43 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
I think the new C seats are the best yet for TG. At 6'2" I can fit on the lie flat seat. My legs are effectively in a tunnel beside the passenger in front. This is fine if sleeping on my back or tummy. However, I tend to sleep on my side and find the seat width too narrow for me to bend my knees.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LPQ
I think the new C seats are the best yet for TG. At 6'2" I can fit on the lie flat seat. My legs are effectively in a tunnel beside the passenger in front. This is fine if sleeping on my back or tummy. However, I tend to sleep on my side and find the seat width too narrow for me to bend my knees.
then try to fly F!
there are not many C seats more comfortable than this one; after flying for decades long haul in C on angle flat seats, I am pretty happy with those!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.