Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Late Night Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

BKK Late Night Arrival

Arrive BKK at 11:15 p.m. (2315 Hrs) on a Monday night. Flying in on CX J, what can I expect as far as immigration/customs wait times at that hour? Thank you.

Last edited by loopflyer; Apr 22, 2016 at 11:44 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Arrive BKK at 11:15 p.m. (2315 Hrs) on a Monday night. Flying in on CX J, what can I expect as far as immigration/customs wait times be like at that hour? Thank you.
Chaos in the regular lines, 0-10 mins using the Fastrack pass CX will give you.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Yes, well, I'll take the 10 minutes, even 15, but am worried (I've been thru BKK a few times, but in the daytime) to face an hour to get through immigration. I'll be arriving after a very long journey from the U.S. and want to simply get the heck out of the terminal into a taxi and to my hotel. I'll be exhausted from 20 hours in the air with 5 hours of layover at two airports. I might just have the pilot put in a call to have an ambulance waiting on the tarmac, talk about quick evacuation - plus the bed on wheels is waiting. Ain't travel won'erful. Not.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'll be arriving after a very long journey from the U.S.

You and thousands of others every day. Many of them will have sat in economy for seventeen hours or more.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Yes, well, I'll take the 10 minutes, even 15, but am worried (I've been thru BKK a few times, but in the daytime) to face an hour to get through immigration. I'll be arriving after a very long journey from the U.S. and want to simply get the heck out of the terminal into a taxi and to my hotel. I'll be exhausted from 20 hours in the air with 5 hours of layover at two airports. I might just have the pilot put in a call to have an ambulance waiting on the tarmac, talk about quick evacuation - plus the bed on wheels is waiting. Ain't travel won'erful. Not.
As pointed out - no delays with fast-track.

You may wish to consider one of the 'meet and greet' services. They will pick you up at the gate with an electric buggy, process you through immigration, take your bags off the luggage belt, and take you out to a waiting car. It's fairly reasonably priced.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
BKK is not too bad after all; many airlines have fast track services for premium passengers and you can even pay for fast track services. For normal lines it can be anything from pretty short queues to very long queues into D terminal. Evening between 2130-2300 is one of the worst peak time but after that queues start to get a bit shorter
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Never had a delay of more than about 10 mins with Fast Track.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The walk from the gate to passport control will probably take longer than the amount of time you are waiting in line w/ the fast track card.

Also have a phone number/address of your hotel on your arrival card. The past two times arriving they were very insistent on this.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: ROP Gold, Freccia Alata Gold, Top Bonus Gold, H Honours Diamond, Starwood Gold, SQ, NZ, QF
book a limo after a long flight - I loathe Bangkok taxis.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Jamesejc
book a limo after a long flight - I loathe Bangkok taxis.
A hotel limo (S class, 7 series) for 2800B or the airport "limo" for 1400B?
During the day I understand the temptation but at night, not too hot, doesn't get you there any quicker...400B is hard to pass up.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
A hotel limo (S class, 7 series) for 2800B or the airport "limo" for 1400B?
During the day I understand the temptation but at night, not too hot, doesn't get you there any quicker...400B is hard to pass up.

Sometimes it's nice to have a seat belt
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Sometimes it's nice to have a seat belt
True. I'm of the school of thought that also buckles his motorcycle helmet as well.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:40 am

there are much worse cities to take a taxi then Bangkok
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Also have a phone number/address of your hotel on your arrival card. The past two times arriving they were very insistent on this.
Yes noticed this too. The address field has always been on the card but now there is a sign saying it must be filled in with your hotel (or other) address.

Like the stuff on the back that asks for your income and occupation, that falls into the category of "none of your business" as far as I'm concerned. So you can probably guess whether I always give a real address. The rest on the back I leave blank.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:59 am

I also have experienced more inquiries regarding address and other details filled out. There was never any for years but that changed recently...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.