Wiki Posts
Search

Was 380 Dropped BKK-FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Was 380 Dropped BKK-FRA?

I have a reservation on TG BKK-FRA in June at 23:45. It was an A 380, but looking at my reservation I see that it has been changed to 777. Is this a mistake or have they changed the aircraft?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
BKK FRA has currently two flights TG920 and TG922; the former on A380 leaving midnight daily, the latter 77W leaving after noon, not every day
are you on TG920?
A380 is very regular; maybe you are unlucky to get a one time aircraft change due to maintenance cycle as the 5 A380 with the destinations Frankfurt, Paris, London and Tokyo are very busy...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I am the midnight flight 920. Seems strange they would make the switch out now for June? Of course, they do not want to oversell. With TG anything can change by then.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Starting around May 16, 2016 for 4 months until around Sept. 16, TG 920/921 have been zeroed out in First class but it still shows the A380 as the aircraft. Any ideas? Does this mean there will probably be a different aircraft without first for this time period?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It indicates a switch to 77W.

It may take some time before the aircraft shown reflects such change
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
I was under the impression that there was no F on any of TG's 777's- so what'll happen to the passengers already ticketed in F?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I was under the impression that there was no F on any of TG's 777's- so what'll happen to the passengers already ticketed in F?
FRA-BKK pax will get 75% back of the ticket price.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by warakorn
What if it was a redemption off lifemiles?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by warakorn
Perhaps in some alternate universe, but not this one.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I am under the impression that the EU regulation does not distinguish pay tickets and award tickets. Though one has to put in efforts to get the airlines to comply with the EU regulation on compensation.

This kind of downgrades has popped up in virtually once every few weeks on various programs' forums. All the discussions seem to suggest that the passengers affected do get the same compensation on flights originated from EU.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
In the universe of flights departing the EU, Regulation EC261/2004 applies, and a refund of 75% (of the whole ticket price) is indeed applicable in this instance. You may not be familiar with the legislation, but that doesn't stop it from being relevant in this case.

TG may well take two specific positions, namely that (1) it only offers F on certain aircraft and these aircraft will not be available to operate that sector, and (2) it is willing to rebook in J and offer a combination of miles/vouchers/cash as compensation in lieu of EC261. The former is unlikely to cut much if properly pursued, but of course the affected passenger is free to accept the latter.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
In the universe of flights departing the EU, Regulation EC261/2004 applies, and a refund of 75% (of the whole ticket price) is indeed applicable in this instance. You may not be familiar with the legislation, but that doesn't stop it from being relevant in this case.

TG may well take two specific positions, namely that (1) it only offers F on certain aircraft and these aircraft will not be available to operate that sector, and (2) it is willing to rebook in J and offer a combination of miles/vouchers/cash as compensation in lieu of EC261. The former is unlikely to cut much if properly pursued, but of course the affected passenger is free to accept the latter.
I wonder if anyone on this Forum ever had a paid ticket on TG in F, got downgraded to J and got 75% of the ticket price refunded!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It depends on whether they (1) were made aware of their rights, and (2) tried (and how hard). The fact is that, if you paid €4,000 for a one-way flight in F from FRA-BKK and were downgraded to J, you are entitled to a refund of €3,000, even having taken the flight in J. Sure, TG will throw up all sorts of ro.......s and delays, but usually a threat to pursue through the courts gets things settled in the end.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:17 am

It depends on whether they (1) were made aware of their rights, and (2) tried (and how hard). The fact is that, if you paid €4,000 for a one-way flight in F from FRA-BKK and were downgraded to J, you are entitled to a refund of €3,000, even having taken the flight in J. Sure, TG will throw up all sorts of ro.......s and delays, but usually a threat to pursue through the courts gets things settled in the end.
sure, but I just would like to know whether there is anyone who got through that and got refunded 75% of the ticket price as I am pretty sure there are quite a few who got downgraded
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I wonder if anyone on this Forum ever had a paid ticket on TG in F, got downgraded to J and got 75% of the ticket price refunded!
Exactly. I'm still waiting for that report!

I'm quite familiar with it, thanks.

TG generally doesn't obey EU261. And there is of course no governmental enforcement mechanism, only a private right of action.

So by all means, let the theoretical discussion continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.