Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai airways ignoring my solicitor (anyone else delayed 9/11/15 post here) about comp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai airways ignoring my solicitor (anyone else delayed 9/11/15 post here) about comp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: TG Plat
Further to my reply above it has occurred to me that any County Court judgement is unenforceable. TG trade as Thai International which is not a UK listed Ltd company and has no UK proprietor so my friend would in effect have to pursue Thai Air in Thailand for payment. Good luck with that I have now told my friend.

I have done a credit check and Thai International have numerous unsatisfied CCJs dating back to 2013 totalling more than £25,000 so it does seem they are unenforceable.

My sister had a similar issue with Virgin a couple of years ago and only managed to get paid by involving her MP and the CAA.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Some years back I had an injury claim settled by Thai UK,the settlement being 2xF returns to BKK and my legal fees (sub £1k) settled-all dealt with in London.
SS
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
injury claim and compensation for a delay are in a quite different league
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
If TG were to dead head a crew would it have to be in J? What's the total crew count on an A380 that they would have to kick out J passengers for those seats?

You're suing Thai for £6000 because your seat had some issues? I would gladly take that to sit in a semi-functioning seat to Austrlia!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by chris555
interesting strategy thai air ways have employed, they have completely ignored my solicitor and they are now beginning the process of taking them to court has any one else actually managed to get compensation out of them for the 8 hour delay from Heathrow. or even had a response
In this related matter, DUS has been successful. (last post in the thread) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...gainst-tg.html
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
If TG were to dead head a crew would it have to be in J? What's the total crew count on an A380 that they would have to kick out J passengers for those seats?

You're suing Thai for £6000 because your seat had some issues? I would gladly take that to sit in a semi-functioning seat to Austrlia!
"J", I dunno, I don't have each and every member of Thai Air's staff employment contract to hand.

"total crew", again I dunno. Maybe you could try Google for a rough estimate.

"You're", did you do comprehension at school?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:28 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
He's speculating
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

so a further update they have continued to ignore the law firm and I am now waiting for there response to the court this is ridiculous. Guy Betsy they have ignored every attempt i made to email them and get no where ringing on the phone but give it a try first in case you are lucky
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:53 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 11277m
In this related matter, DUS has been successful. (last post in the thread) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...gainst-tg.html

Wow, well spotted! :-)

Yes, I was on that delayed TG911 flight on 11 Sep 2015 and in the end they paid out the 440 pounds just a few weeks ago now.

DUS
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:22 am

Thai Airways

Hi I would have hooped they would have payed up by now.
April last 2015 I was flying tg911 lhr to bangkok and the old 747 had a engine fault on landed in London. The 12.50 approx flight eventually went at 9.30pm a riot nearly developed in departures as passengers where kicking off and a lack of Thai ground staff for the first 6 hours. Anyhow the plane got off ok, I was watching the engine on take off and wondered if this was going get to be the end🤔 landed Bangkok around 3.30pm instead of the 6.30am ish slot.
On.my return I emailed Thai UK and bkk no reply I then employed one of these claims recovery companies after 6 weeks nothing and the company even asked me if Thai have a UK office at which point I gave up!
I wrote and emailed Thai Airways a number of times a email was received that they are looking into it and there was a number of claims t process.
I wrote recorded and emailed them giving them 7 days and I used the EU rule number regarding 3 hour delays and that it was not a act of God it was engine failure.
They then sent me a letter to sign that I would make no further claims in this matter and they would.pay me the eu amountil which was about £430. Did that and a week later, juat before I was due to book my September trip the money was put in my account.
Funny thing a week later the claims company sent me a letter asking for 33% and threatened me legally. I told them I did the claim and you didn't even know they had a uk office, which is up near Green Park. In the end the said they would not pursue me.
Never give up be a pain in the arse to them and they will pay up. You can also write to the FAA.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
The phrase "get a life" springs to mind
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
What does the FAA have to do with a Thai carrier and a U.K. departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.