Buy Lounge accecc in BKK

Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Buy Lounge accecc in BKK

Hi,

This summer I will travel with a friend to asia and we will fly back to Zurich from Bangkok.
I have a Business class ticket, but my freind has just an ticket for economy class.
Is it possible to by the lounge acces to the business lounge, so that my friend doesn't has to wait allone at the gate?

Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA/AA
You do not say what airline you are flying on. Have you inquired whether you are allowed to invite a guest into the lounge ?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

We fly SWISS and we both don't have any frequent flyer status.

I wrote an email but didn't get an answer yet.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
https://www.swiss.com/us/en/fly/airp...s#t-page=pane4
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dan Marti
We fly SWISS and we both don't have any frequent flyer status.

I wrote an email but didn't get an answer yet.
https://www.directbookingonline.com/....php?id_com=12

1000 thb for Louis Tavern lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:32 pm

Your situation doesn't allow a companion (see link Guvner067 posted), judging by the same page (Lounges worldwide tab) it looks like you will be in the Royal Silk Lounge. I'd inquire with Thai Airways if you can buy access to this lounge for a companion. Keep in mind the complaints many people have of the TG lounges, and consider if lounge access is really worth it.

Or you both buy lounge access in Louis Tavern, I guess. But thats also a pretty sad lounge imho.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by gadget
Your situation doesn't allow a companion (see link Guvner067 posted), judging by the same page (Lounges worldwide tab) it looks like you will be in the Royal Silk Lounge. I'd inquire with Thai Airways if you can buy access to this lounge for a companion. Keep in mind the complaints many people have of the TG lounges, and consider if lounge access is really worth it.

Or you both buy lounge access in Louis Tavern, I guess. But thats also a pretty sad lounge imho.
No buy-in option for the Thai lounges that I am aware of.

Agreed that the Louis Tavern lounges are pretty bleak. If the OP really wants to keep his travel party together (and depending on the length of the layover) the 2,000 baht would be better spend getting a nice meal in the terminal; especially since the companion is in Y.

SL
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:23 am

Another vote against Louis Tavern. It is not worth the money.
If you depart from BKK you can also check out the eateries on the lowest floor (below check in before security).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Ask a frequent traveler with A* flying status (for instance on this forum or in front of the lounge) to help bring your friend in.

There are many helpful frequent travelers who are willing to assist.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I have been in the Louis Tavern lounges a few time and they are comfortable enough but food and drink are basic. I have always entered them via my Diners Club card. It is worth checking if you or your friend have a credit card that has lounge entry as a benefit.

The other question is whether you and your friend need to be together. I dont think either these lounges or Thai are that interesting that they will be enhanced with a shared experience.

Another option is there are massage options that would help pass the time away.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
i have noticed purchases of lounge access at Thai Airways Lounges, by both thai and foreigners, who were on Thai Airways economy tickets.

i would assume they accept purchase at the C/E gate lounges, i would not try this at the business/first lounges at D concourses.

go to the C or E gates Royal Silk Lounges, ask friendly, bring cash.
THB or USD, i think. no credit cards.

sorry I do not remember how much those people paid that i noticed purchasing.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by SunLover
No buy-in option for the Thai lounges that I am aware of.
http://www.thaiairwaysau.com.au/vwm/...0_Mar_2015.pdf

...but looks like this would only apply to TG economy pax.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Is the OP a ROP member at all? The redemption for lounge access is actually quite affordable (no status needed), being 5,000 for member entry or 7,500 for you and a guest. I'm not sure since the OP already has access due to their J ticket but its worth a try to burn some miles instead of paying $59AUD for entry, I'd give TG a call if its possible to use 5,000 points only for the guest.

https://www.thaiairways.com/frequent...-redemtion.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.