Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Lounge and Spa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys, we are flying business class from BKK to Auckland, NZ. Do you know if we have access to any lounges there? also, do we have access to the famous spa massage? First time flying premium class in BKK, so not sure what al the luxurious things to expect at the airport.

Thank you
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
yes biz class lounge access and 1/2 hour massage in spa (neck/shoulder or feet)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Oh really? Which lounge would it be that's close to the spa? Do they give us admission ticket or something to enjoy the spa?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The details on the Royal Orchid Spa can be found at this link:

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_th...chid_Spa.page?

You do not need an invitation. Just visit the Royal Orchid Spa and show your Thai Airways Business Class Boarding Pass.

There is a large lounge very close to the Spa, across the hall, really.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:51 am

yes the spa is opposite the east exit of TG's D lounge, the largest of TG's lounges
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: ROP Gold, Freccia Alata Gold, Top Bonus Gold, H Honours Diamond, Starwood Gold, SQ, NZ, QF
The TG Royal Silk Lounges are underwhelming. Depending on the time and gate of your flight you may want to visit the Singapore Airlines or Eva Lounges to which you have access as you're flying Business class. Enjoy.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

Spa is ok for the half hour massage. D lounge is crap.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:15 pm

The spa is a great benefit. I enjoyed a 30 minute foot massage there the day before yesterday, however Thai's larger business lounge is often crowded and not very pleasant. Find one of the smaller Thai lounges, or better yet if you're Star Alliance Gold, use the Singapore Airlines lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by dcapal
The spa is a great benefit. I enjoyed a 30 minute foot massage there the day before yesterday, however Thai's larger business lounge is often crowded and not very pleasant. Find one of the smaller Thai lounges, or better yet if you're Star Alliance Gold, use the Singapore Airlines lounge.
just a clarification: you do not need to be *A Gold. biz class ticket on TG or other *A carrier is sufficient to enter Singapore lounge
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
just a clarification: you do not need to be *A Gold. biz class ticket on TG or other *A carrier is sufficient to enter Singapore lounge
Thank you all. It sounds like everyone prefers Singapore lounge over Thai Lounge. So will definitely use that instead and want to enjoy the spa as well. For the spa, do we need to tip? If so, how much is reasonable?

That's good that I don't have to be GOLD member of Star Alliance as I am not.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
Thank you all. It sounds like everyone prefers Singapore lounge over Thai Lounge. So will definitely use that instead and want to enjoy the spa as well. For the spa, do we need to tip? If so, how much is reasonable?
actually no need to tip but many do...seen some Japanese giving 500...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
actually no need to tip but many do...seen some Japanese giving 500...
THB500 tip for 30 min foot or heads/shoulders massage?! Gosh, the total cost in many places is only THB350....
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I also found the business lounge at BKK underwhelming. Don't plan on getting a great feed. Don't get really excited about the "spa" also. It's exactly what you get at many hotels. In business you get a back or foot massage in a semi private little cubicle. Yes, it kills time and it feels nice but it's not a reason to want to travel in business or via BKK.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
THB500 tip for 30 min foot or heads/shoulders massage?! Gosh, the total cost in many places is only THB350....
well...30 minutes traditional Thai massage in Thailand costs anything between 50 and 5000 THB; and no guarantee that the latter is better than the former!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
The offering in the TG Spa is very nice and the girls are doing a great job. Especially after/before a longhaul flight. For me this is actually one of the reasons I choose to transit in BKK instead of a desert in the ME.

I agree that the TG lounges are nothing special but they surve the purpose: A comfortable place where I can work on my laptop and get something to drink with or without alcohol (I can manage without wine until I get airborne, by the way)..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.