Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Silk new meals service on LHR route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
Royal Silk new meals service on LHR route

I am going to fly TG917 during the end of December and TG910 early next year, is there any new meal service on these flights?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Noppasit
I am going to fly TG917 during the end of December and TG910 early next year, is there any new meal service on these flights?
fish and chips?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I flew from LHR to BKK last week in J, same service.... in fact they ignored me completely as a Plat....
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kapitan
I flew from LHR to BKK last week in J, same service.... in fact they ignored me completely as a Plat....
you want to get used to that ?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: TG Plat
I think the new meals are only available out of Bangkok. I travelled TG910 23 November, my view:
The service was notably better and everything is served individually on nice plates but on my flight the food choice on the menu was awful: a couple of noodle soups, som tum which they did not have (not loaded apparently). There was not a single Thai dish with rice! I asked " don't you have anything else and they gave me a tenderloin with soggy potatoes.
I have seen on another thread a huge choice shown on a menu on a Japan route so can only conclude they only loaded the snack menus (plus a tenderloin from somewhere) and forgot the main menu.
Breakfast was good, much better than previous.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by kapitan
ignored?
what else do you expect other than the purser dropping by and say hello, oh you are our distinguished Plat member...and sometimes getting served first?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
fish and chips?
We had fish fingers and french fries served to us once HDY/BKK afternoon flight,that was quite a few years ago though.

To be honest i avoid the Thai food option on the LHR/BKK route not really a good comparison to any Thai food i have eaten.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:07 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
New service is currently on TG910/911. I flew TG910 last week and it was new service. It didn't matter much since TG910 is a night flight but they do offer 5-6 all day dine menus that can be ordered at any time such as noodles (not instant noodles), grilled pork sate, etc.

I heard that new service on TG916/917 will begin soon.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K on final to 2MM
Expansion of New Meal Service

is there a published timetable on expanding the new meal service to the other European routes? I am on TG 921 in Feb. and the upgraded meal service would be a pleasant surprise.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Is there any update to the rollout of the new Royal Silk service? I assume its on all A380 routes now. Will it be on A350 routes from Day 1?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by smit0847
Is there any update to the rollout of the new Royal Silk service? I assume its on all A380 routes now. Will it be on A350 routes from Day 1?
Just took a flight to BKK from Melbourne. Can confirm that the new meal service with a choice of mains similar to the ones above are already in full swing. I was flying a 77W with the new configuration however. I read somewhere that they were only able to offer this type of meal service with new food prep equipment found on my on their newer aircraft?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by wozup12
Just took a flight to BKK from Melbourne. Can confirm that the new meal service with a choice of mains similar to the ones above are already in full swing. I was flying a 77W with the new configuration however. I read somewhere that they were only able to offer this type of meal service with new food prep equipment found on my on their newer aircraft?
Thanks for letting me know. It makes sense that a far more involved soft product may only be available on newer aircraft with differently designed storage areas. I cant imagine a plane made 20 years ago would contemplate that in 2016 champagne would be served in full-length flutes! This puts enormous pressure on TG to retire all the angled-flat J aircraft ASAP. Not only is the hard product much worse but the soft product now is too. You have to wonder how much longer SYD will keep a 747 considering the J product is the worst in the fleet for a fairly premium destination. Surely this would be a prime A350 route.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847
I heard on all routes with A380 and 777-300ER to Europe
970/971 I just flew and it was implemented
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
I do noticed that the menu on TG910 and TG920 v.v. are identical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.