Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C class flying to BRU or MUC?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:13 am
Original Poster

C class flying to BRU or MUC?

Trying to decide for a Feb 2016 trip from Bangkok ...

1) Fly to Munich on what seems an outdated 747 All Series Passenger
2) Fly to Brussels on what seems a newer 777-300 (or the other configuration?)

Any recent experience on either route?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try the B77W to/from BRU. The seats in C are very nice (staggered lie-flat seats) The C seats on B747 All-Series are not bad, so I would choose the flight that fits your itinerary best.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
it's lie flat (77w) against angle flat (747)...but only on the 747 they have F if you would like to upgrade and those are certainly the best...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
On the 747 upper deck rows 11 and 16 have a ton of space. If you are tall or a POS (person of size) you might be better off there, rather than the newer/nice but somewhat narrow 777-300 staggered.

SL
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
I would go by the following order of choice:

1) time schedule (that's always my top priority on direct flights from Bangkok to Europe) - chose what suits best!
2) upgrade possibility to F (only 747). if no chance to upgrade, then
3) seats (i would chose the 77W to BRU)

additionally:
I personally dont like BRU airport at all (long walks, at least until city exit).
BRU might be more stringent on security now/currently than MUC, this is considering time spent at airport.
however, those are soft factors that do not relate to the flight itself.
if you just on transfer, i think it doesnt matter much if BRU or MUC from that perspective.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Another point to consider might be the ticket price as well as upgrade options. I just booked 3 Y-class tickets ex BRU in Q and was able to upgrade with GUP and points. BRU to BKK was considerably cheaper than FRA or MUC to BKK, even for a regular ticket in C-class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.