Of course!

Unfortunately I do not get to fly F much or will ever qualify for TG*P
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Of course!

Unfortunately I do not get to fly F much or will ever qualify for TG*P
you can ask fellow board members to host you
there was a sticky thread once for TG lounge hosting, but as it is no longer sticky, not much inquiries and offers recently...
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Okay I'm in SKL right now based on recommendations in this forum and the food offerings are somewhat less than impressive. Some very bready pastries. The "hot" entree is spaghetti. At 6:45 a.m! There's also some ham and cut up hot dogs floating in water.

On the plus side, it's dead empty and the view of the interior garden is nice.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Okay I'm in SKL right now based on recommendations in this forum and the food offerings are somewhat less than impressive. Some very bready pastries. The "hot" entree is spaghetti. At 6:45 a.m! There's also some ham and cut up hot dogs floating in water.

SKL? you mean Singapore Airline lounge in BKK?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
SKL? you mean Singapore Airline lounge in BKK?
Yes, sorry, SilverKris Lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:48 am

Yes, sorry, SilverKris Lounge.
sorry Kacee; I am not familiar with this abbreviation. anyway, thanks for the update! quite a difference to the mainstream adulation of the SQ lounge
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
quite a difference to the mainstream adulation of the SQ lounge
Yeah I don't quite get that. I would not recommend the SQ lounge for breakfast.

And then they don't really serve a proper breakfast on TG676, either, even with the 8 a.m. departure. So I was pretty hungry until they finally served us lunch about three hours into the flight.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Yes. I agree. SQ Lounge at BKK airport beats TG lounge anytime.

SQ lounge has better food and more variety, drinks and HD ice cream. At least I can eat some decent food (like SIN Hainanese Chicken Rice) when I am hungry compared to the snacks at TG lounge.

TG lounge is simply rubbish. I have never eaten anything in TG lounge all these years except some beer and tomato juice.

Happy

I have been interested in reading this thread, and decided to visit the SQ lounge recently. While I agree it is better than the TG lounges, I was not overwhelmed. I visited in the late afternoon. There were more food selections, including a spicy chicken soup, and you can pour your own wine. Two reds and two whites. But I'm not sure I would wander all the way over to the A gates if my flight wasn't leaving from that part of the terminal.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I have been interested in reading this thread, and decided to visit the SQ lounge recently. While I agree it is better than the TG lounges, I was not overwhelmed.
I find folks tend to build up the SQ BKK lounge in order to bash the TG BKK J lounges. Neither is fabulous. Neither is leaps and bounds better. Both are serviceable. IMO:

SQ BKK lounge > TG BKK J lounges = yes
SQ BKK lounge >>> TG BKK J lounges = no

SL
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SunLover
I find folks tend to build up the SQ BKK lounge in order to bash the TG BKK J lounges. Neither is fabulous. Neither is leaps and bounds better. Both are serviceable. IMO:

SQ BKK lounge > TG BKK J lounges = yes
SQ BKK lounge >>> TG BKK J lounges = no

SL
The SKL is tops for me for a few very simple reasons.

-fresh coconuts/decent vodka (go hand in hand ^)
-ice cream
-edible food

None of these are present in the TG lounges (save F).

You're correct that SQ isn't fabulous, but it is heads and tails better than TG lounges IMHO.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The SKL is tops for me for a few very simple reasons.

-fresh coconuts/decent vodka (go hand in hand ^)
-ice cream
-edible food

None of these are present in the TG lounges (save F).

You're correct that SQ isn't fabulous, but it is heads and tails better than TG lounges IMHO.
Much agreed on the ice cream. The chocolate Häagen-Dazs alone is worth stopping by for. ^

Basically I will begin at the SQ lounge, and then move to the TG J lounge closest to my gate. If I don't have enough time for multiple lounge visits though it is not a huge deal.

SL
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Since the OP asked about KUL lounges (as well as BKK lounges), let me piggy-back and ask for feedback from KUL-seasoned travelers.

Which lounge at KUL do you recommend - Plaze Premium Lounge (which I can access with PP), or the TG Royal Silk lounge (which I can access as a *A Gold member?) I'll be flying TG KUL-BKK with my family.

Also, I know *A rules state 1 guest when entering a lounge as a *A gold, but have other had success bringing their (small) family in? I'll be traveling with a spouse, and 2 small kids (4yo + infant in arms).

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I have no first hand experience, but my impression is that you will be allowed to bring your spouse and children to most lounges (if not all). I doubt any lounge dragon will insist that your children (or spouse) will have wait outside.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It has been a while since I passed by KUL on *A, but back then the TG lounge was a fairly good option with a decent selection of hot food.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Cx > tg(f) > sq > tg (c)

From my experience of being in and out of BKK almost weekly, I would rate the following:

1. CX Lounge - They have clearly spent a lot of money and though behind the seating and different zoning. Very sleek and backed up by great service (I recall seeing whom must have been a matire'd of some form early in the lounge's life as he was cleaning and angling the single rotating seats after every guest have departed from the seat). Fresh food and proper bar wins.

2. TG (f) - Have been there a couple of times but many years back as I had gone away from TG after a series of terrible service. The food selection was great but to be honest the lounge experience was already very dated a few years back - not sure if they have updated this.

3. SQ - Have not been to BR lounge so this remains my fav *A lounge - simple reason of having fresh coconuts (in Thailand, unlike their home airline...) and decent food and other beverage selection. Always decent daylight and despite the space being tight, it never feels too crowded and the furniture and fixtures comes across as being clean. Staff are always smiling and attentive. Quiet lounge also.

4. TG (C) - I don't want to bash them again but unfortunately there is no way around this. 8 years of extensive TG/*A flying and the lounge/food offerings have not changed. Service have dropped to a new low a few years back but I can see that it has improved lately (especially noticeable on the flights). However the food offerings, beverage selection, furniture condition, carpet condition remains quite dire. I also don't understand how they do not feel that the "end of the elevator" is an issue all these years - especially at the spa. Plane food trolleys scattered around the place also doesn't help, nor broken toilets.

A long overdue refurbishment to bring the pride back into their hub in my view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.