New meals and service trial BKK NRT 380 J

Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

New meals and service trial BKK NRT 380 J

Interesting new trial of extensive menu selections only in the A380 J cabin between BKK and NRT.

the food was extremely fresh, well flavoured and restaurant quality

They are trying out a Thai "food stall" type menu for snacks and various other meal choices

Interestingly the main meal didn't have a seafood or vegetarian main course and there was no Japanese Omakase style meal offered.

The FA team was definitely overwhelmed with the huge combination of possible orders. But TG is trying to make their meals edible again. Nice to see.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
what is a Thai "food stall" type menu for snacks and various meals?
typical Thai dishes that you can get at food stalls in Thailand such as chicken with rice, noodles, fried rice, phad thai, grilled chicken with som tum etc.?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
what is a Thai "food stall" type menu for snacks and various meals?
typical Thai dishes that you can get at food stalls in Thailand such as chicken with rice, noodles, fried rice, phad thai, grilled chicken with som tum etc.?
Yes. Stuff like that. Som tum, satay, yam woonsen and some kanoms etc. and all Thai taste.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
Yes. Stuff like that. Som tum, satay, yam woonsen and some kanoms etc. and all Thai taste.
real Thai taste or taste you can find in restaurants catering to foreign tourists or expats?
TG at least in the past tend to offer the latter for their Thai dishes; wonder how they can keep the som tum fresh!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: ROP
real Thai taste or taste you can find in restaurants catering to foreign tourists or expats?
TG at least in the past tend to offer the latter for their Thai dishes; wonder how they can keep the som tum fresh!
For Som tam, I think they keep the ingredients separately and mixing it together when serving.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Really. Real. I was amazed
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by joy16
For Som tam, I think they keep the ingredients separately and mixing it together when serving.
So the flight attendants are peeling and shredding the green papayas?
is there also a som tum with pla ra available for our distinguished member dsquared37 (just a bit afraid that Noppasit and his servant can not keep it on their run to the restroom when the pla ra version is served)
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

is there also a som tum with pla ra available for our distinguished member dsquared37 (just a bit afraid that Noppasit and his servant can not keep it on their run to the restroom when the pla ra version is served)
Cmon. No they aren't serving roasted rat either.

Thai taste, meaning Royal Thai cuisine style Thai taste, not catering to some village bumpkin traveling eith her farang sugar grandpa.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:01 am

Thai taste, meaning Royal Thai cuisine style Thai taste, not catering to some village bumpkin traveling eith her farang sugar grandpa.
I guess you did not get this thread which I referred to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...mell-like.html

Under Royal Thai cuisine I have sampled quite different styles during last 20 years and not all was Thai style and in a lot of cases the flavour was actually more directed to a international, global taste.

This board is not frequented by village bumpkins and sugar grandpas and if you would like to insult fellow board members you should try with someone else!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I guess you did not get this thread which I referred to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...mell-like.html

Under Royal Thai cuisine I have sampled quite different styles during last 20 years and not all was Thai style and in a lot of cases the flavour was actually more directed to a international, global taste.

This board is not frequented by village bumpkins and sugar grandpas and if you would like to insult fellow board members you should try with someone else!
I was commending TG on their new food trial. Maybe you can book a J ticket in the 380 to Narita and report your own impressions. That would contribute greatly to this thread. Otherwise we could insult each other on Thaivisa, a more appropriate platform for the intellectually challenged.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:39 am

I was commending TG on their new food trial. Maybe you can book a J ticket in the 380 to Narita and report your own impressions. That would contribute greatly to this thread. Otherwise we could insult each other on Thaivisa, a more appropriate platform for the intellectually challenged.
my next flight to Narita is only in January! but I will have two dozen of other TG flights until then and will watch out for new food concepts!

Sorry but I am not a member of Thaivisa and I have really no reason to insult you!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
anyways, if they are giving it a try on the A380 to TYO, they might also introduce it on the flights to LON, PAR and FRA soon...
already looking forward to experiencing it here
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: BRK-B
I can't stop laughing 55555.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
That would be enough for me to fly TG again.

You have no clue what you talk about, but that's often not surprising. Holier than thou weasels are a dime a dozen my man.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That would be enough for me to fly TG again.

You have no clue what you talk about, but that's often not surprising. Holier than thou weasels are a dime a dozen my man.
Well, actually I am an expert at a) being a faring sugar (grand)daddy; b) in upcountry bumpkins c) in the difference between village cuisine and Royal Thai cuisine and d) in being holier than thou.

I hope that clears things up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.