Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways Dreamliner TG B787 operations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I tend to take private cars (s class or 7 series) to/from the airport for that reason as well.

Whether warranted or not, I have concerns about the safety of the 787. I do not fear flying in general. The relative safety of flying compared to other modes of transportation is irrelevant.
Another taxi or a bus can still crash into an S class. @:-)

I've flown 787 SFO-TPE, MEL-LAX x2, BKK-PER, EWR-IAH and will be doing SJC-NRT HND-BKK. There simply isn't a safety concern...a reliability (especially with UA) one perhaps.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Another taxi or a bus can still crash into an S class. @:-)

I've flown 787 SFO-TPE, MEL-LAX x2, BKK-PER, EWR-IAH and will be doing SJC-NRT HND-BKK. There simply isn't a safety concern...a reliability (especially with UA) one perhaps.
And in the event of an accident one is safer in a solid car than in a CNG powered taxi with no rear seatbelts.

No hull losses to date does not mean it's a good plane, or that it has no safety issues. It has had a major safety issue, with the Lithhium Ion batteries, that has not really been rectified, but instead fixed with a work around solution.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I thought it was an engine problem which caused Qatar Airways to refusal to accept the aircraft....
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:24 am

FWIW, I have researched and gound that all TG 787 aircraft were assembled in Everett, Washington. According to some, that is the more desirable assembly plant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.