A surprising operational upgrade... twice

Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
A surprising operational upgrade... twice

For the first time in over a decade of holding ROP*G status I recently checked into a flight LHR-BKK and was upgraded at the counter from Y to C on the A380 service. I assume that my fare class (Y) combined with reduction in service on the route (1 flight a day - economy overbooked), led to this rare but happy event. What was rather incredible though is that on the return leg BKK-LHR the same thing happened (fare class M), at the gate. I had been under the impression that operational upgrades were extremely rare but can only assume that it is the aircraft type and reduction in route frequency that led to this rather unusual event rather than a change in policy. So for all my fellow sufferers of Y... there is hope!

Cheers, dinbangkok
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
We got an op up from J to F last month on the same route, first time in 8 years. Very happy chappies!
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: BRK-B
For me, it was TG911 LHR-BKK 3 years ago when I was flying A340-600 and Y was overbooked.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
are the good old times of operational upgrades coming back?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
the reason is indeed the "overbooking" situation - and the "procedures" (Platinum first, then ROP Gold and then Star Gold) is being much more observed than before...
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
the reason is indeed the "overbooking" situation - and the "procedures" (Platinum first, then ROP Gold and then Star Gold) is being much more observed than before...
you forgot the TIP's in your procedure...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.