Wiki Posts
Search

Gold award

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Gold award

I got GOLD in AUG 2014 & is valid till AUG 2016.

I used the 50% award in F IN SEPT 2014.

And I'm going to use the UPGRADE VOUCHER FROM J TO F in NOV 2015.

Do I get an UPGRADE VOUCHER & 50% award every year I am GOLD
Or is it a one off on reaching GOLD.

Or is the UPGRADE VOUCHER a one off on reaching GOLD & the 50% award available every year I am GOLD ?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
upgrade voucher: you get one for requalifying in Gold and then you get an additional voucher for every 50k miles flown in exceed of your requalification threshold
50% award: you get one per year as long as TG announces they will continue with this (this is NOT part of the normal status awards)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
upgrade voucher: you get one for requalifying in Gold and then you get an additional voucher for every 50k miles flown in exceed of your requalification threshold
50% award: you get one per year as long as TG announces they will continue with this (this is NOT part of the normal status awards)
Gold only gets 1 extra upgrade voucher in their 2nd calendar year should they make 50,000 miles. BinSabai, not everyone is Platinum like you 😁
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by kinchai
Gold only gets 1 extra upgrade voucher in their 2nd calendar year should they make 50,000 miles. BinSabai, not everyone is Platinum like you 😁
May I ask one question please.

Fact:

I hit gold last year so my ROP is valid till Aug 2016 and received a GUP.

This year, I hit another 50K so my ROP is extended till Aug 2018 and received another GUP.

My question:

Assuming if I hit 50K again next year, would I still get another GUP (addition to the renew GUP). Also if my ROP would be renewed till Aug 2020?

Appreciate your advice.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
May I ask one question please.

Fact:

I hit gold last year so my ROP is valid till Aug 2016 and received a GUP.

This year, I hit another 50K so my ROP is extended till Aug 2018 and received another GUP.

My question:

Assuming if I hit 50K again next year, would I still get another GUP (addition to the renew GUP). Also if my ROP would be renewed till Aug 2020?

Appreciate your advice.
You get another GUP but qualification will not extended to 2020. for extension to 2020, you need to qualify between Aug 2016 and Aug 2018
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
You get another GUP but qualification will not extended to 2020. for extension to 2020, you need to qualify between Aug 2016 and Aug 2018
Thank you for the information.

May I trouble you with one further question.

Do you know when will the expiry date of this future "GUP". Would it be august 2016 or August 2018.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
Thank you for the information.

May I trouble you with one further question.

Do you know when will the expiry date of this future "GUP". Would it be august 2016 or August 2018.
good question about expiry date of GUP! I still do not understand the rules and logic of TG about those expiry dates. it certainly will not last until 2018!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
good question about expiry date of GUP! I still do not understand the rules and logic of TG about those expiry dates. it certainly will not last until 2018!
I understand there is GUP1/PUP1 with expiration date at end of card/status validity time: e.g. 24 months after status level achievement date.

all additional GUP2/PUP2 (note: there will only ever be one GUP2 as per second year 50k only once, but multiple PUP2 as per every 50k miles rule for Plat. they will never be called PUP3 or PUP4, all of them are called PUP2) have a shorter validity time and expire earlier. not sure how long though.

TG contact centre (call centre) has no clue about this, only chance to really find out is to ask ROP staff, ideally by visiting their office at Viphavadi Rangsit Rd (in case youre in BKK) and ask for a glance look at THEIR computer screen. you'll understand it better than most of the TG staff, though...

so whenever i ask them for an upgrade, i ask them to use a PUP2 first, before using the PUP1. reservation staff at Thai contact centre (TG BKK call centre) usually don't know that.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by boogey
...so whenever i ask them for an upgrade, i ask them to use a PUP2 first, before using the PUP1....
thant's an interesting approach - very smart ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:47 pm

Hi All,

I have just attained gold status with ROP and am wondering if anyone is aware if you can use the GUP1 to upgrade to business class from a Q class economy ticket BNE BKK return.

Also does anyone know how long before I receive the GUP after attains gold status? i.e. Is it digital or does it come in the mail?

Apologies for what may seem like newbie questions!

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Main Wheel
Hi All,

I have just attained gold status with ROP and am wondering if anyone is aware if you can use the GUP1 to upgrade to business class from a Q class economy ticket BNE BKK return.

Also does anyone know how long before I receive the GUP after attains gold status? i.e. Is it digital or does it come in the mail?

Apologies for what may seem like newbie questions!

Thanks.
you have it once you attain gold. you wont be notified.
you want to check with TG by phone for your upgrade conditions and availiability.

Last edited by boogey; Oct 27, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Main Wheel
Hi All,
I have just attained gold status with ROP and am wondering if anyone is aware if you can use the GUP1 to upgrade to business class from a Q class economy ticket BNE BKK return....
Thanks.
except of V, W and g all classes qualify for GUP.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
except of V, W and g all classes qualify for GUP.
havent been there fix Q class fares and other economy fares usually qualify for GUP, when however the fare rule on that class exactly says does not qualify for upgrade?

for example: just yesterday i purchased a J-class fare on the ex-BKK fare bucket that does NOT qualify for upgrade, as per ticket conditions on discounted J-class fare (not that cheap though, still).

i would be careful and always want to check depending on exact ticket conditions. sure, if X, I, O; W, V, G cannot upgrade at all.

its however possible to try purchase standby upgrades at the airport even with this low classes W, V (especially remote stations dont know the rules - i ever standby purchased upgrade from W to C class in HAN. even HAN station should not have done that...

again, i would want to be careful and check with TG on upgrade conditions and availability.

hope this helps,
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:59 pm

That all makes sense. Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:16 am

Sorry, Boogey,

I wasn't precise enough and thinking about Economyclass Upgrade possibilites only.
I fully agree to always verify and check with TG staff before making a purchase decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.