Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum requalification roll call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Platinum requalification roll call

Just went on the ROP website and it looks like I have just requalified as Plat until end of July 2017 , although I was a couple of thousand miles short of the 80,000 miles threshold in 2015 .
Thank you TG .
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: TG Platinum
Same for me, Thanks TC again
JOHN
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
is your requalification period only one year? my runs from July 2014 to July 2016...
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: TG Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
is your requalification period only one year? my runs from July 2014 to July 2016...
yes, one year expires July end 2016
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Mine is for 2 years, from July 2015 to July 2017 .
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Dear BinSabai.........was maths not one of your strong subjects in school? July 2015 to July 2107 is two years, not one year.......
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Out of interest, does anybody know how many Platinum members there are in ROP? When the new status was announced there were only about 3,000 Platinum members but I get the feeling the number is substantially higher now.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Dear BinSabai.........was maths not one of your strong subjects in school? July 2015 to July 2107 is two years, not one year.......
Dear Thaikwai....you math genius...July 2015 to July 2107 is 92 years, not two years! I guess until then our Platinum membership has probably expired!
by the way jcowle confirmed that his requalification period was just one year and Lament was talking about ONE 80'000 miles threshold. That's why I was asking. I had from 2013 to 2014 also a one year requalification period and in 2014 it changed to two
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
They grant you another year in case you do not really qualify according to the rules . I have been offered an additional year in 2014 although I had given up flying Thai some time ago .

It is a pity what happened to this company , I am saying this after I have been maybe one of their most loyal individiual customers travelling from Europe over 18 years .
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by somkiat
It is a pity what happened to this company , I am saying this after I have been maybe one of their most loyal individiual customers travelling from Europe over 18 years .
I thought that was me but now we can celebrate that we have found TG's most loyal customer. Will you buy us a drink, Somkiat?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Will you buy us a drink, Somkiat?
A pleasure , on condition you agree to a location of my choice , Bangkok . Don't be afraid , no ladyboy bar . Unless you insist that is .

Tecnically , they could sell me on average 3 F tickets every year and all I wanted was a window seat when I made the booking maybe 4 weeks in advance . But they decided that US mileage-customers are their friends and I resigned .
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by somkiat
A pleasure , on condition you agree to a location of my choice , Bangkok . Don't be afraid , no ladyboy bar . Unless you insist that is .

Tecnically , they could sell me on average 3 F tickets every year and all I wanted was a window seat when I made the booking maybe 4 weeks in advance . But they decided that US mileage-customers are their friends and I resigned .
Somkiat, BinSabai and I tried to arrange a drink in Bangkok last October but it didn't work out......I'd love to try the same again with a few FlyerTalk members if they were up for it. I live in Bangkok so, as an Annies Preferred Guest we could meet there and then move on the Landmark Hunstman for some decent Guinness?

BinSabai, I am devastated that my proof reading has let me down....2107, what was I thinking?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:36 am

Dear Thaikwai....you math genius...July 2015 to July 2107 is 92 years, not two years! I guess until then our Platinum membership has probably expired!
by the way jcowle confirmed that his requalification period was just one year and Lament was talking about ONE 80'000 miles threshold. That's why I was asking. I had from 2013 to 2014 also a one year requalification period and in 2014 it changed to two
I was not aware of any one year qualification period for Platinum. Maybe they introduced it as a half way measure to try to get everybody on the same two year cycle? No surprise with our darling friends at Thai - the nicest people in the world but completely batty when it comes to consistency.......
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:48 am

I think they just do not want to upset people by kicking them out of the elitarian circle as long as there is hope for better business to come again . Even their Platinum farewell letter which I received recently sounds more like everybody at Thai headquarters was jumping with joy that I made it Gold . Without a single flight over the last 18 months or so they should really downgrade me to Cheap Charlie Basic or something .

Your idea of having a beer somewhere I consider as brilliant ; my next BKK stopovers would be Sept 29th til about Oct 6th and Dec 2nd to 9th if I remember this correctly . Open to offers . Maybe we could work out an ex Platinum travellers rehabilitation program .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.