Suddenly cant access seat map...?

Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:13 pm
Set
Original Poster

Suddenly cant access seat map...?

I've been able to access my seat maps for a long time, but now I double checked before my flight which is in around 24 hours (brain not at full force...) and I get a message I never got before:

The following error(s) occurred
The seat map is not available for this flight. Your seat preference will be taken into account at booking time. (8500)
At this time, the seat selection map is not available for the requested class of service so far in advance of the flight. We will consider your seat preference at booking time. Please click the Close button to proceed. (8501 - 3)
The above is from the Thai website.

Is it possible it's because it's around 24 hours before my flight? In fact I think it's more than 24 hours but not a lot. Maybe 32 or so.

I'm getting a bit worried. Can't contact Thai now it's middle of the night where I am.

It's a UA mileage ticket if that helps. But I was able to view the seats until a few days ago.

Also, the Thai site does say my seat selection (correct) but when I click on the actual seat number that's when I get the error.

PS: checkmytrip.com gives me the same error.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
that happens frequently if you have already a reserved seat 24-48 hours before a flight.
Nothing to worry about
not sure what is the reason for this. If you have no seat reserved yet, for example on domestic J or Y, you can see seats and also change seats from 24 hours in advance of the flight. I guess in Y with unreserved seat for international flights (I have no experience for this) you can also see seats and change
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Normal occurrence, typically when it's about 72 hrs. before flight.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:56 am
Set
Original Poster

Thanks guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.