Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

THAI changed United Airlines millage tarfis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*Gold

THAI has changed millage tariffs for United Airlines. Instead of getting 100% miles on every economy class tariff, now TG changed to:

THAI is getting expensive and doesn't let you earn 100% miles on Star Alliance members. Left only A3 or expensive H class.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
THAI has changed millage tariffs for United Airlines. Instead of getting 100% miles on every economy class tariff, now TG changed to:...
I think it's more of United giving less miles to partners now so there won't be an arbitrage between MP and the rest of their *A partners.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by nov11
I think it's more of United giving less miles to partners now so there won't be an arbitrage between MP and the rest of their *A partners.
Indeed, UA is paying ROP for any miles earned on UA and credited to ROP. SO a reduction in miles earned by ROP members on UA is a cost reduction for UA.
Similarly, UA is paying ROP for any TG award used by MP members.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
These earning rates are determined through negotiation between the carriers and this change was undoubtedly initiated by UA, consistent with how it's hosing its frequent flyers worldwide.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
The thing that bugs me most about the recent changes are: they are effective immediately.

If they providing a buffer time it would be easier to digest.

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 20, 2015 at 7:06 am
Old May 20, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
THAI is getting expensive and doesn't let you earn 100% miles on Star Alliance members. Left only A3 or expensive H class.
WRONG conclusion! UA has reduced payment to TG for miles flown on UA by TG ROP member. That's why TG has to reduce the mileage credit for miles flown on UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.