Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

thai airways still safe to fly should i cancel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

thai airways still safe to fly should i cancel

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by SSBKK
I think ICAO only inspected the DCA and made comments in relation to DCA. It is not unreasonable to say that TG, as an airline that is overseen by DCA, may have some shortfalls due to having a lax regulator. However, your references make it sound like ICAO inspected TG and gave it a failing grade which is inaccurate.
I don't know where you see that I said that ICAO inspected TG.
Nor have they inspected other Thai airlines.
This is not ICAO role.
As stated in many documents:
"The audit covers a broad range of areas relevant to aviation safety and airline operations but is intended to assess the performance and expertise of the civil aviation authority and not of individual airlines. Some of the key areas considered are personnel licensing and training, airworthiness assessment and certification, accident investigation and airline operations oversight and licensing."

But DCA is supervising TG and all other Thai airlines. ICAO seriously questions how DCA is supervising all Thai airlines. No airline is specificly targeted, rather the lax procedures in place to supervise airlines which can create safety problems in any Thai airline including TG.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:19 am

Just flown TG911 28th of April only issue delayed departure 1 hour,cabin crew were excellent thought the flight meal service was good plenty of top up drinks if required.
After meal service drinks were offered every hour and sandwiches offered twice.
We were in economy and had a row of seats each plenty of other empty seats as well.
Flew back yesterday TG910 flight departure delayed again this time 2 hours.
Cabin crew also gave excellent service through out the flight,maybe some have realised jobs are gong to go soon on this route and want to keep theirs.
Again quite a few empty seats in economy had a row of seats each,upstairs was fully booked which surprised me because not to many passengers in the business class section.
The service given on both flight has changed our minds and we will be flying with Thai again in July on TG911/TG910.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As the Military Junta struggles to address the failed ICAO audit, many new, perhaps startling, aspects are slowly seeing the light of day (quite unusual here as they love to hide things), some of which certainly affect TG but are outside their control. These have to do with poor ATC, and over-capacity.

I'm sure TG is doing all they can but not much they can do about the DCA? Airports? ATC?

Arkhom seeks aviation safety extension

Prajin orders airport expansion hurried up

Thailand will plead with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) for a one-month extension of the deadline from next month to July for it to solve its aviation safety problems. Deputy Transport...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tran...fety-extension

Thailand to end 'open sky' policy

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...pen-sky-policy

Open-sky policy must continue, say airlines

Warn move will tarnish image of country; call for long-term plans

AIRLINES ARE alarmed by the Transport Ministry's move to consider limiting incoming flights by ending the country's long-standing "open sky" policy, warning the move could badly damage Thailand's image.

The airlines also urged the government to draft a long-term plan to solve airspace problems rather than restricting the number of international flights as the open-sky policy had been in force for more than 10 years.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30260797.html
Old May 28, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by transpac
As the Military Junta struggles to address the failed ICAO audit, many new, perhaps startling, aspects are slowly seeing the light of day

Thailand to end 'open sky' policy

Open-sky policy must continue, say airlines

The airlines also urged the government to draft a long-term plan to solve airspace problems rather than restricting the number of international flights as the open-sky policy had been in force for more than 10 years.
I think ending it is the long-term plan
I'm pretty sure TG is safe to fly. I think other 'charter' airlines are the main target to be more concerned. Still the ICAO audit is about the Thailand's regulating operations not any particular airline.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I think ending it is the long-term plan
I'm pretty sure TG is safe to fly. I think other 'charter' airlines are the main target to be more concerned. Still the ICAO audit is about the Thailand's regulating operations not any particular airline.

I agree that TG is probably safer to fly now as a result of this additional scrutiny.

Until one gets into Thai air-space and/or lands at an airport in Thailand.

TG is subject to random, extra scrutiny/inspections at foreign airports so expect they are on their best behavior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.