Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone able to recommend an Aussie TA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Anyone able to recommend an Aussie TA

I am hoping to use a GUP on an upcoming trip SYD-LHR but I am having a frustrating time using the TG website and trying to find Q fares.

I tediously enter my dates using the multi-city format ( I want stopovers in BKK) but I keep getting W fares back and can see no way to over ride this.

Does anyone have a good Australia based travel agent to recommend that would understand what i am trying to and be able to help with this. Appreciate a PM with info if you do..

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Which city are you in? Just call the local Thai office. They can book and issue tickets and tell you the availability of GUPs, etc. all in one go.

Melbourne: 03 8662 2266
Sydney: 02 9844 0999
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Actually I am in Singapore and previously the Thai reservations here have advised to me to go to local travel agents as they have consolidator fares etc that are cheaper than the airline can offer directly themselves.

However, after 24 hours and not getting a response here, I went ahead and emailed the Sydney ticketing office who were very efficient and helpful and quickly sorted me out without any booking fees (at least I am aware of) and only $300 more for an immediately upgradeable booking in Q compared to the cheapest W ticket I could find.

So yes, I would second your advice and for anyone retrieving this thread down the road, just deal with the airline direct :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.