Wiki Posts
Search

BKK to Europe: aircraft swap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Question BKK to Europe: aircraft swap

what happens if TG swaps aircraft from a 77W two class configuration (J with flat seats) to a 747 with three class configuration (and J with angle flat seats)?
Do they open F class seats (with J service I suppose) or do they leave it closed?
anybody any experience?
if yes, who gets the F seats? according to status or TIP first?
fly TG970/971 soon and saw that they switched a couple of times unplanned to 747 in April
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
BKK to Europe: aircraft swap

Maybe the reason was royal flight? You're experienced BinSabai you know what's happening then.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boogey
Maybe the reason was royal flight? You're experienced BinSabai you know what's happening then.
sure; but it was more then once during last 3 weeks
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Could it be the switch from A340 to B77W which meant a shrink in the C cabin and it was overbooked? So bringing the B747 in solves the VDB or DB in C which is going to be very upsetting for passengers.

Availability of pilots might be another one? I wonder what happened to all those pilots that were hired for the A340-600 and A340-500 on TG? Sure they can endorse onto the A330 but for a Boeing aircraft, that's going to take longer.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Quote:

Back and forth?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Back and forth?
yes always back and forth...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:12 am

yes always back and forth...
apologies BinSabai, I'm bad in stenography.

i was thinking of a royal flight back.... and forth... at a date thereafter. that would reason at least two round trips of the 970/1 on 744/747 because of 744/747 being preferred A/C type.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
this happened exactly two times in April (of course: back and forth) on the ZRH-route, and F-Class was and will not be opened for anybody else than those who are entitled to fly in First, nobody from C-class cabin!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
this happened exactly two times in April (of course: back and forth) on the ZRH-route, and F-Class was and will not be opened for anybody else than those who are entitled to fly in First, nobody from C-class cabin!
it happened more then two times!
were you on the flight? if not from where do you have information?
I have been several times with J ticket on F seats on domestic and regional flights where they do not sell F. I also guess they will not sell F anymore to those destinations, where they do not regularly fly with 3 class configuration plane (like ZRH from end of March), so there are probably no passengers with F tickets on this route....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:29 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Back to the question of the OT :

I had three such cases:

1. PEK - BKK, 747 instead of 777, was automatically allocated two seats in F (with C service) traveling with a ROP G member
2. BKK- SIN, 340, cabin closed
3. Domestic flight in Thailand at a time I was still unhappy enough to travel in the country domestically, was always able to choose a seat in the F section at online check in (747 from CNX)

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
Who was it ? Some second or third degree "royalty" ? Would love to know or to have seen it .

P.S.: The fact that they downgraded ZRH - big mistake:

Possibly it was such a "royal" story and this is the reason I do NOT fly TG anymore anytime except on routes where they have the monopoly like BKK-KTM.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

behuman
PEK and SIN are regional flights and yes, I have also been seated in F with J service

I just wonder whether anybody has any experience on a intercontinental flight

there seem to be few swaps from 77w to 747 for the intercontinental routes to Europe and now with the additional 77w it is more and more less likely

I also regret that ZRH has no F anymore. But of course for J and Y it is a upgrade from A340 to 77w

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.