Changes to Miles earning when flying UA

Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Changes to Miles earning when flying UA

I had just noticed that the following changes:

United Airlines (UA) All paid fares currently earn full mileage.
To:
United Airlines (UA)
Z/ P (Discounted Business Class) 100%
Q/ V/ W 75%
S/ T/ L/ K/ G/ N 50%

In the past, with UA P class earning 125% vs. LH (0%) and LX(100%), I can see tell myself that it's "OK" to fly UA transatlantic if schedule is good...now I would just go with LX without question.

Watch out everyone!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I just credit my TG flights to my ROP account. all other flights on *A airlines to my LH account where I get more miles. Often even flights on the same ticket go to the two different accounts
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:15 am

I noticed that too, kinchai. I was about to book transatlantic flights with UA, and on April 20th printed off the ROP mileage earning chart as evidence in case the rates changed. It said for United "Currently all paid fares earn full miles"

Checked again three days later and it now gives the 75% and 50% rates you have shown.

I think the only economy fares that now earn 100% miles are Y B M U E U H and they are considerably more expensive that the one I was going to book. Looks like LH will be getting my booking now.

Last edited by 11277m; Apr 24, 2015 at 7:27 am
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There was a long period where UA K fares, their cheapest, were earning 100%. Clearly an oversight that's now been dealt with.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:36 am

I thought that 100% miles were given to help persuade me to use United.

Their fees for getting an extra 3 or 4 inches of legroom in E+, coupled with 3-3-3 seating and the US standard service has made it hard for me to chose UA over other airlines.

A few years ago a *Gold or even a *Silver card would get a seat in E+, but sadly I can't find any seating benefit in *Gold, unless it's a UA card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.