Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

SQ Silver Kris Business Lounge Access @ Changi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K

I have a reward ticket with an overnight connection from SQ to BKK at Changi. My SQ flight lands in Singapore when the Thai lounge is closed, so with a business class ticket on Thai would I have access to the Silver Kris lounges which are opened 24 hours a day. According to the StarAlliance lounge finder tool I definitely would. I know I would have to change terminals to access them, just would like to know as it would make my overnight much more comfortable!

Flight from SIN-BKK is on Thai.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Eternity000
I have a reward ticket with an overnight connection from SQ to BKK at Changi. My SQ flight lands in Singapore when the Thai lounge is closed, so with a business class ticket on Thai would I have access to the Silver Kris lounges which are opened 24 hours a day. According to the StarAlliance lounge finder tool I definitely would. I know I would have to change terminals to access them, just would like to know as it would make my overnight much more comfortable!

Assuming you are on TG402. As long as you try to gain access to SQ's Krislounge after midnight, there is no reason why you would be denied. Before that, maybe it's the computer that scans your boarding pass not letting you in rather than the lounge dragon. In that case it is likely to be "a no is a no in SIN".

My concern for you would be obtaining a boarding pass. Not sure where you are coming from but should your onward TG boarding pass fail to be printed at your originating city and upon arrival at SIN the TG transfer/check-in counter is close and online check-in fail (as usual), you are not going to be very comfortable other than going for the transit hotel. Usually when I try to connect from LH to TG, I couldn't get my TG boarding pass (MAN-FRA-BKK or ARN-LHR-BKK).

Good luck.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

SQ949 from Bali which lands @ 00:20 and then yes TG402. I didn't think about the boarding pass issue though Hopefully it works...

Wouldn't there be automated check-in machines to get my ticket though?

Last edited by Eternity000; Apr 20, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Btw @ what time does Thai check-in open @ Changi? According to the Changi airport website it says 6 hours before the flight, but I doubt the desks are open at 1am.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Eternity000

I'm not aware of any automated ticket/boarding pass machines at Changi (but then I've never looked for them).

If you have a connection I'd just go straight to the Silver Kris Lounge, via a transit/transfer desk if you need to get your boarding pass.

You may want to consider the transit hotel - they sell rooms in blocks of hours - very cheap. And a good sleep.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
TG C = you can access SKL
Automated ticket = not available in Changi Airport for TG
Assume you got your luggage all the way to BKK? if yes they should be able to to issue you the SIN-BKK ticket. if not transit counter should be able to assist you. Still not working? than you can still access to premier checking lounge with your TG C ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yauee
TG C = you can access SKL
Automated ticket = not available in Changi Airport for TG
Assume you got your luggage all the way to BKK? if yes they should be able to to issue you the SIN-BKK ticket. if not transit counter should be able to assist you. Still not working? than you can still access to premier checking lounge with your TG C ticket.

Thanks Yauee. Super list of options!!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The lounge dragon at the SKL at SIN explained to me that eligible passenger may enter the lounge up to 24h before the flight leaves SIN.

I did enter recently at 9pm for a 6am flight on the next day.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Star Alliance loungefinder says only Thai Lounge flying Y on TG or SQ ex SIN, is that true?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Magnus
Star Alliance loungefinder says only Thai Lounge flying Y on TG or SQ ex SIN, is that true?
You also have access to the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Lounge (which is the dedicated star gold lounge). This lounge is a step down from the SQ business class lounge however.

In general, Star Alliance gold passengers travelling in economy are not allowed access to SQ business class lounges.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

In general, Star Alliance gold passengers travelling in economy are not allowed access to SQ business class lounges.
I haven't seen this other than in SIN and often in SFO. Is it the case in other locales as well?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I haven't seen this other than in SIN and often in SFO. Is it the case in other locales as well?
In SIN, they get away with it by offering a different lounge for *G (KF Gold). At SFO, it's justified as a capacity control measure. I've not heard of it being an issue at LHR, HKG, etc.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kacee
In SIN, they get away with it by offering a different lounge for *G (KF Gold). At SFO, it's justified as a capacity control measure. I've not heard of it being an issue at LHR, HKG, etc.
I'm aware of the reasons at SIN and SFO but the post I was responding to didn't state this was being done on a limited basis but rather was more of a systemic thing which I've never seen any indication of.

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know all that much about other airports - just the exception for SIN with its 'star gold' lounge. From the airports I have been to, the SQ business lounge is also normally a star gold lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm aware of the reasons at SIN and SFO but the post I was responding to didn't state this was being done on a limited basis but rather was more of a systemic thing which I've never seen any indication of.
I was agreeing with you that no, I haven't heard of it elsewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.