Wiki Posts
Search

new expat in bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

new expat in bangkok

Dear all

Nice to meet you and to find this great website.

I will soon live in Thailand.

I am a star alliance member and already a TG user. I have got already few miles (around 40000miles) but i am travelling every month to France, India and south east asia (singapore, indonesia, china).

I have to open a bank account for personal life expenses and also i need a credi card for professionnal expenses.

i have read lots of treads but i don't know today what is the best bank and credit cards for TG miles.

For personal, i would choose Kasikorn Bank.

For professionnal credit card i really need your help in order to choose between Citibank TG preferred card or AMEX platinum TG.

Please what is the best credit card today including all benefits and miles ?

Best regards

W
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
welcome to Thailand!
Usually you need a work permit or at least a longer stay visa to open a bank account and get a credit card in Thailand.
If you work as an expat for a local or international company, I am sure they will assist you regarding those matters and also find out details of the various offers. Some companies will have special deals with banks and credit card companies
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for replying my question.

Yes i will have a work permit and long stay visa.

But my company is a small one and don't have tips for that.

That is why i need to choose between citibank TG preferred card and AMEX platinum TG.

For you what is the best today in april 2015?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
new expat in bangkok

Amex plat TG
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think many banks offer TG-affiliated Visa/MC cards. Maybe just look for the one that meets all of your requirements.

AEON also offers TG-affiliated credit cards

Choose a bank which is close to where you live or work. Once you choose a branch you are locked into that branch for subsequent services.

Bangkok Bank does offer the Be1st ATM card which has the added (chipped) security features (but which requires one to use only a BBL/Be1st ATM). BBL has a presence in the U.S. so potentially simplifies some banking applications for those from the U.S.

Kasikorn Bank does have the best product (K-cyber) for on-line usage.

I have BBL, SCB and K-Bank accounts here. BBL is my primary bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.