Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic check-in times

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Domestic check-in times

What is the latest time that I could check-in with baggage on a domestic out of Suvarnabhumi?

NtD
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
What is the latest time that I could check-in with baggage on a domestic out of Suvarnabhumi?

NtD
J or Y?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

NtD
I believe the cutoff is 45 min but it's been awhile since I was at a TG counter.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I believe the cutoff is 45 min but it's been awhile since I was at a TG counter.
officially it's 40 minutes but I would not be confident that checked in baggage would make it in every case when checked in just 40 minutes before take off.
also Y domestic usually has a certain queue, so you need to be there earlier
J domestic usually has no queue
security is no issue; the longest queue I ever had was about 10 minutes. there is no fast track for J passengers for domestic security!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

It's all Thai Smile now so one class.
I land at 9.30am & have to collect baggage, clear customs & re-enter for an 11.10am flight.
I think I should change to the later one.
When I made the booking I had planned on only having hand luggage.
If my flight was delayed from London then I guessed that I would have enough time to change my flight domestic flight whilest still in LHR
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:45 am

1 h 40 transfer time should be doable if plane from London does not arrive late. If queues at immigration are long, tell ground staff that you have a connecting flight. they might help you to jump the crowd
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
It's all Thai Smile now so one class.
I land at 9.30am & have to collect baggage, clear customs & re-enter for an 11.10am flight.
I think I should change to the later one.
When I made the booking I had planned on only having hand luggage.
If my flight was delayed from London then I guessed that I would have enough time to change my flight domestic flight whilest still in LHR
Since you said you are landing at 09:30am, I am assuming you are not coming in on TG911. Check:

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ter...e_partner.page

You might be able to check your bag(s) through at LHR if there is interline agreement with TG (Ensure that you print everything and bring it with you to LHR) and you are heading to ChangMai, ChangRai, Phuket where you can clear custom there.

Best Wishes
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by kinchai
You might be able to check your bag(s) through at LHR if there is interline agreement with TG (Ensure that you print everything and bring it with you to LHR) and you are heading to ChangMai, ChangRai, Phuket where you can clear custom there.
does not apply for Udon Thani (UTH) where the OP is heading; for Udon he needs to clear immigration and customs in BKK
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

I'm on BA9 & will have a fast track pass but baggage is never waiting there whenever I've got through
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:47 am

I'm on BA9 & will have a fast track pass but baggage is never waiting there whenever I've got through
with fast track 1h 40 is certainly no problem. luggage arrives latest 30 minutes after landing; still 30 minutes reserve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.