Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Theft

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I can't believe that the insurance paid this. No wonder insurance fees are so high..

Sure, theft is theft, but that's like leaving your car keys in your car, and even have a note on the door about it. Technically, it's still theft, but it's clearly visible (don't forget that CI luggage will also go through x-ray in the basement of the airport, and it's a known fact that quite some airports have seen massive amounts of electronics stolen.) and I guess many insurances won't pay up there.

Really surprised..
Actually it's nothing at all like that.
Old May 16, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Yes, because that just happens all the time, doesn't it.

So a ground crew member puts something in your bag. How to they intend to retrieve it on the other end?

It is not a legitimate issue.

If you are that concerned about it, open your bag right at the baggage carousel and see if anything was added.
Maybe they have no intention of retrieving the item, maybe it will self-destruct taking the plane with it.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andyptrav
Maybe they have no intention of retrieving the item, maybe it will self-destruct taking the plane with it.
Or a mechanic, catering company employee, or aircraft cleaner could plant an explosive device on the aircraft since none of them go through security screening either . . .
Old May 16, 2015, 8:46 am

i was actually thinking more along the lines of unwilling drug mule but we will go with that to.
Old May 16, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris555
i was actually thinking more along the lines of unwilling drug mule but we will go with that to.
The problem with the drug mule scenario, as I mentioned above, is that it is too uncertain to recover the drugs on the arrival side once the passengers arrives.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
The problem with the drug mule scenario, as I mentioned above, is that it is too uncertain to recover the drugs on the arrival side once the passengers arrives.
Indeed. But there has been some drug rings doing it with complicit airport employees. There was a famous AIr France one:
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-ana...e-drug-smuggle

Note that CDG has been famous in the past for organized theft by baggage handlers:
http://www.english.rfi.fr/visiting-f...h-176000-euros
The extent of theft by airport employees listed in this article is a bit frightening (think of all those who never got caught at CDG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.