Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

HELP: [W12] Your booking cannot be checked in online. Please check in at the airport.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP: [W12] Your booking cannot be checked in online. Please check in at the airport.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

I just tried to check in for my flight and got this error message.

[W12] Your booking cannot be checked in online. Please check in at the airport.

Restricted Check-in Service Required (message)

I fly Thai about 3-4 times a year and have never encountered an issues like this. Called up their office and they said they couldn't figure it out either.

For reference, someone booked on the same itinerary as me on a different PNR has had no issues to check in.

The flight in question is TG466 to Bangkok then onwards to CDG Paris
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: THAI ROP
I made the same experience in March:

Online Check-In in Germany: Your booking cannot be checked in online. Please check in at the airport.

Online Check-In in Thailand: everything worked fine; I received my boarding pass.

Best regards
Norbert
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
usually this happens when they have to check visa or entry restrictions for travel destinations at check in
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was only worried because the flight looks to be oversold and I picked up some tickets that TG forgot to add taxes and fuel surcharges to.

@binsabai I'm flying to Paris with an Australian passport. So I don't think there's any visa requirement??
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by wozup12
@binsabai I'm flying to Paris with an Australian passport. So I don't think there's any visa requirement??
certainly not, but many countries have requirements for minimum validity of passports for certain foreigners and the airlines are expected to check this.
just recently one of my staff was rejected by TG to board a flight as his passport was less than 6 months valid until it expired
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Originally Posted by wozup12
certainly not, but many countries have requirements for minimum validity of passports for certain foreigners and the airlines are expected to check this.
just recently one of my staff was rejected by TG to board a flight as his passport was less than 6 months valid until it expired
Indeed. Example - my gf was travelling with me from US to UK on a HK passport where no visa is required. UA wouldn't let her check in online (i was ok even we were both on same booking) because an agent needs to ask her in person the purpose of her trip, how long she was planning to stay and if she hold a return ticket. It's one of those that gets flag up that's all.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:14 pm

Probably OP has flown and checked in ok at the airport... But AFAIK, this happen because there's a high-priority comment inserted by flight editor, to ensure check in agent didn't miss the message to pax (usually re seating or other important matter) but really nothing to do with visa check...(At least for TG in this instance)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.