Search

Bassinet size on Thai?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Bassinet size on Thai?

I was pre assigning some seats for my upcoming J flight to BKK on 747 and was advised that the Bassinet is only good enough till 6 months old. My baby is 8 months old so is it worth getting a Bassinet seat as that will split our seats up.

She was giving us 11 J K and then 14A which means me sitting away from my family.

Other option is 23 EF and I can be in 24B.

Or 3 rd option is alll of us in the same row in 18 but then no Bassinet. But if the baby can't fit in there anyway then we might as well be sat together? Are the bassinets quite small as my lil one didn't have a problem fitting in Qatar's or Air France ones last month.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I was pre assigning some seats for my upcoming J flight to BKK on 747 and was advised that the Bassinet is only good enough till 6 months old. My baby is 8 months old so is it worth getting a Bassinet seat as that will split our seats up.

She was giving us 11 J K and then 14A which means me sitting away from my family.

Other option is 23 EF and I can be in 24B.

Or 3 rd option is alll of us in the same row in 18 but then no Bassinet. But if the baby can't fit in there anyway then we might as well be sat together? Are the bassinets quite small as my lil one didn't have a problem fitting in Qatar's or Air France ones last month.
I think best you check with TG the weight rather than specific age restriction for bassinet. Call London office and pretend that your baby is coming up to 6 months but "big"...The best is probably 23EF and 24B. This way you don't have to worry about the size of your carry-on won't fit on the upper deck lockers. In the past flight attendant only asked how much my boy weights as he was tight for the bassinet...but I can't remember if it was TG or not..
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kinchai
I think best you check with TG the weight rather than specific age restriction for bassinet. Call London office and pretend that your baby is coming up to 6 months but "big"...The best is probably 23EF and 24B. This way you don't have to worry about the size of your carry-on won't fit on the upper deck lockers. In the past flight attendant only asked how much my boy weights as he was tight for the bassinet...but I can't remember if it was TG or not..
It seems they have the answer on TG.com

Request them in advance. Infant passengers are entitled to a baby bassinet on international sectors with the condition their weight is not over 10 kg, height over 67 cm and age less than six months old.
She is over 6 months. So better to stick with our current seats in one row I guess right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.