Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to purchase fast track immigration/security passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

I am booked on a flight to Vientiane that is operated on a Thai smile aircraft. I would normally fly J, but since this aircraft does not have a proper J cabin I decided it wasn't worth the premium.

Can I buy fast track immigration passes at the airport? If so, where can I buy them?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am booked on a flight to Vientiane that is operated on a Thai smile aircraft. I would normally fly J, but since this aircraft does not have a proper J cabin I decided it wasn't worth the premium.

Can I buy fast track immigration passes at the airport? If so, where can I buy them?
there are a couple of service companies selling fast tack services; you can google them easily
I have never used one so I can not recommend. I also would use only during peak times
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
I have used Bangkok Flight Services with satisfactory results.

BFS
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I was hoping there would be a way to simply purchase the paper passes that are handed out by other airlines (not TG). I do not need to be greeted by a representitive or driven in a buggy on this occasion.

I may choose to just suck it up and wait in line, or I will conside rebooking in J or doing standby upgrades. I am still not sure if it is worth paying a ฿7000~ premium to fly in J on a Thai Smile A320 for a one hour flight though...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
The meet and greet comes with or without buggy and at 1200 THB, still a lot less than your thai smile upgrade.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
I have used Bangkok Flight Services with satisfactory results.

BFS
+1

Use them for all my inbound VIP.

They get people from gate to AOT car in less than 20 minutes all in. Immigration, luggage, customs and all.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
+1

Use them for all my inbound VIP.

They get people from gate to AOT car in less than 20 minutes all in. Immigration, luggage, customs and all.
how can they speed up checked in luggage if you do not have any luggage priority?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
how can they speed up checked in luggage if you do not have any luggage priority?
They can't but right now the problem is not so much baggage delivery, which on my recent visit seems to have improved but the long line you face at customs now that one of the custom hall is closed.

ASEAN lanes which had recently opened are also no longer in existence.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are pretty easy to find on-line...

http://fasttrackcoupon.blog.fc2.com/

is one example that I've seen positive comments on in another forum.

Gazillions of airport employees get their hands on these, and many get resold on-line. A neighbor ran into an old schoolmate at the airport and she gave him five of these; he offered some to me but I still have 20 or so leftover so no need.

And some local banks/CC give these out as perks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:04 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by transpac
I love the indication on their website "We cannot describe our address. Because of Not For Sale" - Thailand what a mess ! Everything still goes and their greed is unsurpassed.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by transpac
These are pretty easy to find on-line...

http://fasttrackcoupon.blog.fc2.com/

is one example that I've seen positive comments on in another forum.

Gazillions of airport employees get their hands on these, and many get resold on-line. A neighbor ran into an old schoolmate at the airport and she gave him five of these; he offered some to me but I still have 20 or so leftover so no need.

And some local banks/CC give these out as perks.
I thought those fast track vouchers are only valid with a stamp of an airline, date and flight on it. At least that's how I get them from airlines other than TG (like OS or OZ recently)
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:06 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I thought those fast track vouchers are only valid with a stamp of an airline, date and flight on it. At least that's how I get them from airlines other than TG (like OS or OZ recently)
I bought a stack years ago, from a reputable Bangkok travel agent. Mine are similar to the ones Transpac linked to, but have different wording and are a different color. Mine have the stamp from the agency I purchased them at. So, the airline stamp is not needed.

Since, I have a dozen or so, of various types that I never used, or that were never collected.

It shouldn't be hard to find a few passes...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought those fast track vouchers are only valid with a stamp of an airline, date and flight on it.

No, I do not believe these need to contain detailed information. I've used blank vouchers many, many, many times without incident - both departing and arriving - some of which have been given to me by a family friend who works at the airport, while others have been received blank directly on the arriving aircraft.

As with all things here, there could be new "rules" and "enforcement" at any time so YMMV.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I have many unused vouchers with nothing filled in other than an airline stamp. It's never been a problem to use them.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:25 am
Original Poster

FWIW ended up doing standby upgrade for departure in order to get lounge access as well as fast track due to long wait at BKK.

My return to BKK is aroun 14:50 (TG 751). Is 15:00 or so a "peak" time for arrivals? I just want to know if a long wait is likely for customs. I may choose to arrange fast track arrival or upgrade to J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.