Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The cutbacks are starting to bite........

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:27 pm

If Thai were really smart, they would drop F class altogether. No point trying to keep up with the ME3
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I feel so embarrassed every time they coming kneeling, wai-ing and thanking me for flying with Thai....
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver
I flew TG971 last week from Zurich to Bangkok.

Full flight, business class was busy. During meal time, I asked to get some more champagne, and the flight attendant that I asked was actually the in-flight manager. He served what was obviously the last drops of a bottle that was opened a long time ago, flat, warm, disgusting. I asked if he could open another bottle (and did it with a smile).

He was quite rude and said: "Do you really want me to open another champagne bottle just for you?"

I was so taken aback that I had nothing to say. He did come a few minutes later with a glass and said he had to get from the other business section.

Not sure if this is a cutback, but on a 10 hour flight and seeing the cost of the seat, I was expecting a quick glass of champagne with a smile.

Also, why can't they keep it in ice?

GJ
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by true1976
I asked if he could open another bottle (and did it with a smile).

He was quite rude and said: "Do you really want me to open another champagne bottle just for you?"

I was so taken aback that I had nothing to say. He did come a few minutes later with a glass and said he had to get from the other business section.

Not sure if this is a cutback, but on a 10 hour flight and seeing the cost of the seat, I was expecting a quick glass of champagne with a smile.
Certainly not normal standard! At least you got what you asked for.
if flight is full and many customers in J demanding with special wishes then crew can get a bit to their limits. But usually they stay calm and polite and try to serve the passengers well (this is often in carriers like LX, LH or UA not the case).
In my observation they put the champagne bottle usually into a ice bucket, but the white wines not always
handling of wine on TG is not always at the optimum as despite instruction and training wine is not really a part of Thai culture and many crew members have little sense for the right temperature of wine
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
TG should stop putting flowers in the toilets. That should save them tons of money. I had crew on on their 380 from FRA to BKK in F asking me how to migrate to Canada. You can tell how desperate the people are to leave.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapitan
I feel so embarrassed every time they coming kneeling, wai-ing and thanking me for flying with Thai....
LOL, they surely must have knee problems by know. Can they sue?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Did you tell him you'd be willing to share with your fellow passengers?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
Did you tell him you'd be willing to share with your fellow passengers?
Here's what I experienced back in 2011 on TG917 in C, I asked for a glass of champagne about half way into the flight & I was given a white wine. I brought the glass back to the gallery and complained. I was like come on, you really think you can get away with this??? A new bottle was opened and I worked very hard not to waste it but I admit I did not finish.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Why yes. Yes I do.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by kinchai
Here's what I experienced back in 2011 on TG917 in C, I asked for a glass of champagne about half way into the flight & I was given a white wine. I brought the glass back to the gallery and complained. I was like come on, you really think you can get away with this??? A new bottle was opened and I worked very hard not to waste it but I admit I did not finish.
shame on you! I would have taken the burden and suffering to finish it!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Why yes. Yes I do.
Yes, this is what I should have said, but I was really taken aback! Next time will do for sure :-)

GJ
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
handling of wine on TG is not always at the optimum as despite instruction and training wine is not really a part of Thai culture and many crew members have little sense for the right temperature of wine
That's no excuse. And what the training is for.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
What training? They have 2 sets, one when operations and profits are a booming, the other when military junta is in charge and profits are a plummeting.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
It is my understanding that TG FAs need 5 years of service in Y before they can be assigned to the premium classes. So they should have some wine knowledge. Actually I have not had any problems in this regard, and I always request champagne on my flights in the front of the plane.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
it's not an excuse, but an explanation!
handling of wine on TG is at least better than on some other Asian carriers, in particular Chinese and Korean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.