Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap visa run from BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Cheap visa run from BKK?

Hello, im looking for a cheap visa run same day turnover or 1 night stay in economy, want to test my A* gold lounges, any suggestions?Weekend preferable.
Thanks!
(Cheap mean 100-300$)
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Only chance at that price would be a domestic followed by a bus/ferry to somewhere like Laos or Penang
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
try LCC, no lounge though
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you get your visa renewed on the weekend? Or are you just trying to avoid having too many days in Thailand on a single stay, for example a multi entry visa with short stay duration?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by raporot
Hello, im looking for a cheap visa run same day turnover or 1 night stay in economy, want to test my A* gold lounges, any suggestions?Weekend preferable.
Thanks!
(Cheap mean 100-300$)
Where would you be departing from?

I've seen $70 o/w flights HKT-KUL (MH) v.v.

You can get a r/t BKK-PNH for ~$250 (TG/PG).

Have you done any legwork toward this?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Does TK still do a BKK-SGN run? Last I checked a couple years ago, it was $100(USD) each way.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation

Where would you be departing from?
BKK

Can you get your visa renewed on the weekend?
yea, visa renew

i looking for the flight with TG, most of routes is around 300$+
i hope to find something around 140-240$ rt
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Have you looked on their sale fares page or are you just searching off the main engine?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

thanks.
found
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pla.../NewYear.page?

deals which i need!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Cheap visa run from BKK?

Yep! Thai don't show their cheapest fares in the main search engine when there is a sale on.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:43 pm

Check vietjet from DMK to SGN and HAN. Sometimes they have extremely low fares.
But check if you need a visa for Vietnam (a return is NOT a transit, visa free transit does not apply when you don't go to a third country.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Only chance at that price would be a domestic followed by a bus/ferry to somewhere like Laos or Penang
Sorry, but that's not really accurate.

The BKK-KUL route has consistently offered excellent same-day returns over the years. I've mostly seen them on Malaysia, Air Asia, and Lufthansa, but all-in fares below $300 US are regularly available.

There are also great fares BKK-SIN to be had, often arriving late at night and returning in the wee hours, so check that route as well.

Note, however, that the really low same-day or one-night returns are seldom found on weekends. Also, whether any of those routes will have what you need within your required timeframe, of course, is an entirely separate question
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I doubt that Lufthansa is still flying BKK KUL as they are flying from Germany to KUL now
also several airlines flew in the past BKK SIN as a extension to their flight from Europe, such as Swiss, SAS and Turkish; Swiss, SAS stopped but not sure about Turkish
you could get very good deals for those flights as they had to fill the plane
remember I got BKK SIN for 7000 THB in J (!) and I was even upgraded to F (with F service and F food) one way
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:15 am

i think your best bet is bkk-sgn on TG or TK. but you probably need a visa to enter vietnam. i just did the trip myself on TG and enjoyed the new dreamliner, 787 or 788, not sure which version they have. i paid 240usd. got the visa at vietnam embassy in bkk. i can't remember what it cost, i think it was 2,400thb.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DMK-PNH/HAN/SGN on AirAsia can be relatively inexpensive, if you buy at the right time. A friend purchased DMK-PNH-DMK a few days ago for 5,041 THB all in.

FWIW, assuming you are on a 30 day Exemption, as of 29 August 2014, you can now extend that for another 30 days at Immigration for 1,900 baht, so no need for a visa run.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ugust-29-2014/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.