Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai FRA-BKK economy questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

First time flying Thai.. A380 FRA-BKK. I have a few questions for you guys..

A. I'll have a 6 hour layover in FRA prior to this flight, any suggestion I can see/do at the transit side of the airport?

B. The last two seat window side at the very back of the upper deck, seatguru says it might have limited recline -- true or false?

C. Are there pre-order meals available for coach? If there is, what do you suggest? How many meals do they serve? I love high protein meals

D. The flight departs FRA at 2:10PM. How many hours of this flight would be daytime vs night time???

I appreciate all the answers!! I heard good things about Thai airways and I hope they won't disappoint any tips for first time flyer? Btw I'll be connecting to another Thai flight in BKK.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
C. no pre-order meals available for coach. However you can order special meals such as seafood, diet, kosher and the famous vegetarian Hindu etc. they serve two meals, lunch and breakfast
D. as you leave 0210PM eastbound, not many hours daylight flight left. you will arrive early morning BKK time, which is around midnight Central European Time (CET). So many people do not like this flight as by the time they get tired in the evening European time and ready for sleep, breakfast is ready and soon after that arrival in BKK, where they have the whole long day ahead. I usually sleep little the night before the flight and get up early so that I am tired and sleep after the meal in the afternoon at around 0400PM CET; so I can still get a 5-6 hours sleep before the breakfast
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
A. There are 2 pay lounges in FRA:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/ai...rt-lounges.htm

You may want to consider, 30 euros is not too bad for 6 hrs. 1 beer/ hour + some frankfurters + bread + internet time will fly.

B. I find that the further i sit in front of the engine,the more quite it is than the back. Maybe that is just me and i have no data to prove. Or maybe that is just the feeling of being in the premium cabin. Anyhow my point is TG A380, at the front of the lower deck, other airlines put their F cabin there and so it could be that it's more quite than the last row on upper deck. If you have doing this as a round trip, maybe you can do both?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Ohh awesome!! $30 euros is totally worth the 6 hours! Thank you so much guys!

Kinchai, I'm only doing this one way, I'll be taking a different airline on the way back.

Also I was looking at recent flight routes and they fly close to the Himalayas.. I'm hoping I get to see Mt Everest.. But I assume it will be night time, yes??
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasp25

Kinchai, I'm only doing this one way, I'll be taking a different airline on the way back.

Also I was looking at recent flight routes and they fly close to the Himalayas.. I'm hoping I get to see Mt Everest.. But I assume it will be night time, yes??
Next time try the F cabin. Its amazing, as soon as lunch was served we slept and woke up for breakfast. Oh, I'd like to do it again.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:28 pm

route passes northern India, still around 500-700km from Mount Everest and yes it is during the night!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:53 pm

As you flying TG the LUXX lounge is your only choice (Terminal 1). Be aware. It is landside!

Further information is here: http://www.luxxlounge.de/index_e.html
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fan2502
As you flying TG the LUXX lounge is your only choice (Terminal 1). Be aware. It is landside!

Further information is here: http://www.luxxlounge.de/index_e.html
landside lounges without priority security and immigration always leave the question how long you need in worst case for security and immigration?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
[QUOTE=BinSabai;24274319]landside lounges without priority security and immigration always leave the question how long you need in worst case for security and immigration?[/QUOTE

well, it probably wont take 6hrs....
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, another question, does Thai Airways offer amenity kits in economy class? In some airlines amenity kits have been discontinued and items are given loose, instead of as a kit. Do they give economy passengers anything in Thai Airways on this flight?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Thanks guys, another question, does Thai Airways offer amenity kits in economy class? In some airlines amenity kits have been discontinued and items are given loose, instead of as a kit. Do they give economy passengers anything in Thai Airways on this flight?
unfortunately not...they have stopped this service already for long....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.